MedLogic Laboratories is currently seeking an experienced Pediatric Phlebotomist to join our team in Leesville, La. This position is located in a medical office setting. This position requires a preferred minimum of two years with pediatric experience as a Patient Service Technician/Phlebotomist.
Phlebotomist Job Duties:
* Obtains blood specimens by performing venipunctures, finger sticks and heel sticks.
* Process samples for appropriate storage and transport to the laboratory.
* Enters patient demographic and insurance information into laboratory information system.
* Enters laboratory orders into laboratory information system.
* Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures.
* Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations including HIPAA.
* Transmits reports via secure , HIPAA compliant reporting protocols.
* Resolves unusual test orders by contacting laboratory; referring unresolved orders back to the laboratory for further clarification; notifying supervisor of unresolved orders.
* Work with new electronic reporting and accuracy tools, allowing you to focus on your patients and increase your success rates.
* Daily interaction with patients and sense of ownership which will be essential.
* Comprehensive understanding of compliance and safety.
* Exhibits effective office space cleanliness.
* Performs other assigned duties as deemed by the supervisor or above.
* Exhibits effective time management skills.
* Must maintain a professional appearance, maintain cooperative relationships and display productive behavior at all times.
* Punctuality is demanded
* Willing to undergo a drug screen test.
Job Type: Full-time
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.