DGI Supply is searching for a strong Account Manager for the greater Dallas TX market. The Account Manager will build a book of business as you develop an established territory and customer base. If you have the background in industrial distribution or any other kind of industrial sales and can talk with everyone from the CEO to the maintenance man on the shop floor, we want to talk to you!!!
As an Account Manager, you will grow a territory by bringing in business and developing business relationships within your existing accounts. This will require that you call on engineers, maintenance, purchasing and others to determine their needs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet aggressive deadlines, and execute on agreed upon sales metrics
- Achieving sales and profit goals by developing and retaining existing customer and by opening new business
- Preparing quotes and proposals, following up, negotiating terms and closing deals
- Identifying and helping to develop strategies to grow business
- Organizing and conducting training sessions for customers
- Effectively prospecting, maintaining an opportunity pipeline, and forecasting revenue
- Being a collaborative and enthusiastic member of the DGI team
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Regularly make sales calls to prospective customers and current customer establishments.
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to sell products and services, offer add-on and up-sell products that may benefit the customer, and suggest alternative products when a customer requested product is not available.
- Cultivate and maintain solid, long-term relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Assist and resolve customer requests and/or problems in a prompt and professional manner.
- Reach sales and gross margin goals.
- Introduce and demonstrate new products.
- Report competitive conditions, observed customer financial weakness and customer feedback to management.
- Cooperate with suppliers to secure mutual business through joint sales calls.
- Execute sales effort in an ethical and professional manner that will reflect favorably on the reputation of both the salesperson and the company.
- Attend sales, product, and other branch/company meetings.
- Develop a sustainable sales/profit volume in assigned territory.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Professional maturity, integrity, discipline and a positive attitude.
- 3+ years sales experience required; industrial/MRO experience a plus
- Ability to travel
- Demonstrated skill with Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly driven to reach and exceed goals
- The desire to learn in a positive sales environment
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel often in the assigned territory and occasionally travel to attend company and vendor activities and events required.
- Industry knowledge desired
Benefits offered by DGI Supply
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance
- Vision and Dental Coverage
- Profit sharing after one year of service
- Car Allowance, cell phone and laptop
DGI Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are subject to reference checks, background checks and a post-offer drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- industrial supply: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.