The Outside Sales Representative (OSR) is responsible for achieving the annual budget and growing revenue in their given assigned customer base. The OSR will engage in activities ranging from customer prospecting to complex “C level” meetings that are structured to present proposals and close deals. The Outside Sales Representative will need to be well prepared, punctual and present themselves in a professional manner as they are the customer facing entity of the organization. They need to work closely with their internal teams including sales, sales management and product in order to be successful and provide the customer with the very best business solution. They will need to be proficient at account penetration, strategic planning and demonstrate the ability to identify high potential spend and convert that into sales revenue. The OSR is a problem solver and innovator who positions themselves as the face of PEI-Genesis to the customer earning the status of “trusted advisor.”
***The territory for this position will be Los Angeles County area and the person will report out of our Costa Mesa field sales office.
- Degree from a four year college or university preferred; or a minimum of 3 – 5 years sales experience in a competitive environment
- Outside sales – customer facing experience required
- Experience in a multi-asset team selling environment preferred, but not required
- Experience in the electronics industry preferred, but not required
***Previous experience with connectors or cable assemblies is highly preferred.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve annual budget targets while developing a forward looking high potential customer portfolio.
- Build preferential relationships with internal and external suppliers through communication and value resulting in higher revenue.
- Achieve penetration at identified high potential customers and create an executable plan to increase the revenue at targeted accounts.
- Build relationships and work closely with internal resources such as product management, engineering, training as well as other departments.
- Utilize the company CRM as a sales tool in a diligent manner to manage their business and communicate activity and opportunity to the organization.
- Identify and engage key decision makers in the sales process.
- Participate in annual budget and forecasting process
- Utilize readily available resources in the engineering department to develop design-in business at key customers.
- Complete expense reporting in a timely and professional manner.
- Report and provide feedback to management on key business objectives.
- Develop industry leading product knowledge through utilization of internal and external resources.
- Your geographic territory and region will thrive and grow through the strategies you employ.
- Your customers view you as their trusted advisor and make you the first call for connectivity solutions.
- You are viewed by our manufacturer partners as the expert in your region and support you by sending all of their top opportunities.
- You meet and exceed your financial targets.
- Your expertise and ability to allocate proper resources to support your ever growing business are greatly appreciated by your customers.
- The organization sees you as a top performer and supports your career in a commensurate manner.
- Your manager uses you as an example of what an effective salesperson is expected to be.
- Developing working relationships and trust
- Work process management
- Ability to read, interpret and understand industry documentation.
- Ability to manage multi-leg relationships in both suppliers and customer accounts.
- Highly skilled at identifying potential in prospective accounts.
- Ability to structure, lead and close deals with potential customers.
- Able to penetrate all levels of an organization with the goal of increasing revenue, share of mind and gaining “trusted advisor” status.
- Well organized and well prepared.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondences and inter-company communications.
- Able to articulate the company’s value proposition.
- Excellent time and territory skills.
- Ability to plan and execute a forward looking time lined strategy.
- Ability to achieve targets and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in all computer skills to include the company CRM and Microsoft programs of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Sophisticated selling skills.
- Clear and concise communications skills.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a team environment with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to quickly spot problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to quickly assess and qualify potential accounts.
Job Type: Full-time
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.