ALN Medical Management
The ideal candidate will enjoy interacting with medical professionals, phlebotomy, will have a passion to work in a challenging surgical environment, will have precise attention to detail, and be a great team player.
Since this position is highly specialized, it is assumed that applicants will not have prior experience in this specific field. HemaSource will fully train all technicians to perform the responsibilities required by the position.
HemaSource offers competitive pay, an enjoyable working environment, an excellent office support team, and the opportunity to work with some of the most experienced and skilled clinicians in Colorado. HemaSource has been in business for 19 years, is growing and has immediate needs in Durango Colorado.
Responsibilities and essential job functions of a HemaSource Technician include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of HemaSource.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high case volume or intensity and sets a positive example for all.
- Anticipates patient, physician and administration needs by constantly evaluating environment and staff for cues.
- Communicates information to the administrative team so they can respond as necessary to the ever-changing environment.
- Assists with new technician training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing concerns or changes in technician morale and performance and communicating them to the administrative team.
- Delivers exceptional customer service to all patients, physicians and administration by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows HemaSource operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that technicians can locate resources and equipment as needed.
- Maintains a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle.
- A current license or certificate or experience in one of the following fields : Nurse (RN, LPN, CNA), Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic, Phlebotomist, Lab Tech, Med Tech, Surgical Assistant (SA).
- Minimum of three years relevant and recent clinical and phelbotomy experience
- Working knowledge of HIPAA policy and guidelines
- Current working knowledge of the importance of business office and clinical care area coordination
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with physicians, hospital administrators and clinicians
- Positive attitude with a strong commitment to customer service
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities of a HemaSource Technician
- Ability to serve patients, physicians and administration well
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to perform basic math and numerical estimation
Physical Requirements of a HemaSource Technician
- Constant standing or walking that often requires a consistent level of intensity and speed
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs, ramps
- Constant medical equipment usage
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work within the OR
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral and written communication
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Frequent distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, estimated blood loss
- Constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.