We are looking for a Licensed Optician who can support our department by accurately and appropriately filling ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions, fitting and adapting lenses and frames, and training the patient in the care of their lenses. They should also be able to adjust eyewear to fit the patient, and conduct all optical repairs.
This is what we are looking for:
- Exceptional customer service with a smile
- A dependable Team Player
- Ability to learn new things
- Knowledge on how to review patient information, explain charges and answer questions
- Previous Inside Sales Experience
- Proficiency in technology
- Ability to speak a second language is always a plus
Here’s what we offer you:
- Professional, collaborative culture of outstanding co-workers
- Training and the potential for advancement throughout your career
- Health Insurance/Dental Insurance/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- IRA with company match
Education and Job Experience Preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
- College degree, in the process of achieving a degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in an optical/ medical environment and knowledge of medical terminology is desirable.
- ABO a plus or working toward the ABO preferred.
- Willing to participate in continuing education in the optical field for the duration of employment.
Specific Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Evaluates prescription in conjunction with patient’s vocational and avocational visual requirements.
- Determines patient’s current lens prescription, when necessary, using lensometer or lens analyzer and patient’s eyeglasses.
- Recommends specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit patient needs.
- Assists patients in selecting frames according to style and color, coordinating frames and facial and eye measurements and optical prescription.
- Measures patient’s bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes with the help from the licensed optician.
- Prepares work order and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Verifies finished lenses are ground to specification.
- Heats, shapes, and adjusts plastic or metal frames to fit patient and repairs damaged frames.
- Instructs patient in adapting to, wearing, and caring for eyeglasses.
- Regularly clean frame displays and demo lenses.
- Sells and orders contact lenses and optical goods such as plano sunglasses.
- Computes amount of sale and collects payment for services.
- Submits optical claims to vision plans within 24 hours of receipt.
- Assembles and keeps on hand patient cleaning kits.
- Completes all filing and computer and/or paperwork within 24 hours of receipt.
- Accept telephone calls/emails. Pulls charts and return telephone calls to patients in a timely manner.
- Pull authorization and benefits for eyeglasses and/or contact lenses.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.