Reports to the Senior Director of Pulmonary Services and is responsible for providing operational and program support to better align operations within all of Pulmonary Services. Responsible for the management of the business aspects of Respiratory Services, Pulmonary Division, and Pulmonary Services, including business and improvement planning; billing development, and management. Participates in preparation of annual budget requests and submits recommendations to the appropriate department head for review. Performs specialized analysis and ensures departmental financial and competitive viability. Develop metrics and monitor data to report on all aspects of practice operations, and develop programs and services to enhance any aspect of practice management. Advises directors and managers on issues related to meeting specific budgetary goals and objectives. Performs CQI activity, facilitates performance improvement projects, and performs quality assurance review of work and provide feedback to staff. Provide supervision and management for non-clinical operations within the CVC Pulmonary Services line. The incumbent will also perform Business Analyst functions for Pulmonary Services, assisting with data management, managing business and fiscal analysis functions for the Pulmonary and Sleep Program Clinics, as well as other programs as designated by the Senior Director. Interactions with staff and faculty will drive clinical programs that improve care coupled with financial and operational effectiveness. Performs the function of HR analysis critical to staff classification, compensation, and satisfaction. Provides direct oversight of non-clinical support staff and related functions, and performs other duties as assigned. The manager will be involved in vendor negotiations and management of those relationships. Supports department managers with new program development and other special projects throughout the service line. Under the general guidance of the Senior Director of Pulmonary Services, the Operations Manager will be focused on facilitating growth of Pulmonary services, resource management, policy and program development, and sound fiscal management.
Uses advanced professional concepts and organizational objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Contacts are both internal and external to the department at all levels.
- Advanced degree in business, healthcare administration or related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Five or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience and advanced knowledge in finance policies, practices, and systems.
- Must be highly organized and possess excellent writing/presentation skills and able to facilitate small groups. Demonstrated proficiency with hospital computer systems, applications, and database management. Prior leadership and/or management training. Proficient with budgets, data mining, EPIC revenue capture, work-flow assessments, productivity capture, RVU’s, and cost standards. Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing complex issues or problem, formulating and implementing creative solutions. Demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and conceptualize significant program enhancements to develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives. Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through influence and collaboration. Proficient in team building, conflict resolution, group interaction, project management, and budget management. Strong skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management, and group process. Excellent business acumen and superb oral and written communication skills. Skills to maintain a professional, ethical attitude. Proven ability to develop long-term planning to ensure organization changes/goals are met.
- Experience of working within Pulmonary services at an academic health system.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Project Management Certification/Education.
- Knowledgeable in EPSi, SmartSheet, or similar project management/budget systems.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.