The Operations Finance Manager plays a key leadership role within the organization. Owner of all financial reporting, SOX and planning aspects of the business (controller for the business)
Financial backbone that supports the commercial aspects of the business, product margin analysis, pricing decisions, make or buy decisions, product/asset rationalization, working capital management, capital projects, contractual arrangements, negotiations, etc.
Leads all financial planning activities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for all facets of accounting and financial reporting*
- Establish policies in conjunction with corporate standards
- Coordinate month-end and quarter end close process
- Facilitate quarterly and year end External Audit process
- Facilitate regular updates and monitoring of SOX documentation
- Coordinate internal SOX testing
- Provide insightful financial analyses and engage leadership to drive strategic decision making
- Build and provide recommendations on business strategies in areas such as:
- Product/customer pricing
- Product/asset utilization and/or rationalization
- M&A activities
- Working capital
- Capital spending
- Lead financial analysis for monthly and quarterly meetings
- Accounting for contractual purchase and sales arrangements
- Manage departmental results, budgets and forecasts for the segment
- Streamline business processes and back office operations
- Manage and analyze the flow of data between different users of data to provide timely information
- Assist in assessing and integrating new initiatives for the Finance organization
- Recruit, develop, and train the management staff and teams
- All other duties, as assigned
Key 12-month Expectation and Deliverables
Successful integration of the finance function following the recent GL consolidation within VAI, and then successful transition of VAI controlling duties to a new corporate controller.
Establish a pricing, plant utilization and cost review process to ensure adequate margins are maintained in the business across all product categories.
Development of strong working relationships with key internal and external contacts (corporate finance, treasury, sales, customers/vendors, advisors, and business leaders)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Honors Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or related field
- CPA and/or MBA strongly desired
- Must have mastery of accounting software systems and Microsoft Office (Excel in particular)
- 8 plus years’ financial leadership experience required, including responsibility for finance operations including forecasting, and financial analysis
- Strong supervisory and analytical skills required
- Must possess a high level of initiative; excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to interact with all staffing levels (front-line through to executive level) and work in a fast-paced environment; strong math skills; problem analysis and problem resolution skills; and a high degree of professionalism
- Well-developed social skills in order to foster effective internal working relationships spanning numerous business units and functions
- Ability to initiate and manage projects to completion and on time
- Effective negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and experience in assessing operations, business processes and their relationship to accounting and reporting
- Detail oriented, deadline driven, organized, ability to handle multiple tasks while working independently or as part of a team
- Must be knowledgeable regarding statutory and GAAP accounting
- Desire to advance in the organization
- Ability to travel (up to 30%)
- Understanding of ERP systems (in particular Oracle) would be beneficial
Bachelor’s and or master’s degree in accounting/Finance; CA/CPA designation or related field.
A minimum of eight years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Manufacturing environment experience preferred.
Travel is required to various SunOpta locations and for meetings or other job-related functions
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Approximately; 95% is in office environment, 5% off-site including plants and trainings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
An Equal Opportunity Employer
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.