Fire & Life Safety America
SUMMARY: Under direction of District Manager or Asst. Dist Manager, and working with corporate office, implements and maintains FLSA’s office management duties including such activities as billing, maintaining job files (including FLSA’s quality documents), collecting accounts receivable, ordering supplies and answering phones.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process invoices to customers and follow-up on accounts receivable collections.
- Code Accounts Payable invoices properly and pay in a timely fashion, taking applicable discounts.
- Maintain employee payroll information and input payroll weekly. Handle garnishment when required.
- Input new jobs in to the Job Cost system and set up job files. Job files are to be maintained in a neat and orderly way, including FLSA’s quality documents. Additionally, follow up on approval and input change orders into system as required.
- Maintain district cash account; write expense checks and reimbursements to employees as necessary.
- Process material list (inventory) and enter into job cost.
- Troubleshoot/repair computer/network problems. Seek help from Technology Manager as necessary.
- Retrieve and open mail daily, route to appropriate person, package and send all outgoing mail.
- Maintain accurate and up to date filing system.
- Answer phones in a professional, timely manner.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Assist other members of staff in day to day running of the office, filling out forms/credit applications, ordering insurance certificates/bonds, print needed reports from accounting system, run necessary errands.
- Attend weekly progress meeting and type minutes and distribute to all employees.
Knowledge of office operating environments. Ability to work under pressure balancing competing demands. A general understanding of accounting is helpful.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma, GED, or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Sound working knowledge of personal computers, especially word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Ability to speak and write clearly.
Ability to calculate simple figures, including discounts on bills.
A valid drivers license is required.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Telephone, FAX and copy machine
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONTIONSHIPS: Reports to the District Manager.
Fire & Life Safety America (FLSA) is a premier life safety contractor with offices along the east coast and in Texas. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards quality of life issues. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical and dental coverage, vacation, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance; flexible spending plan, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
FLSA participates in EVerify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.