This executive position provides strong strategic and tactical sales leadership with the end result of exceeding national, divisional and local sales targets and business goals within Medicare & Retirement (M&R).
The primary purpose of this position is to achieve profitable M&R membership/revenue growth through multiple channels based on market specific conditions. This executive leadership position is accountable for overseeing divisional infrastructure, developing internal and external relationships, leading financial accountability, developing and leading high performance teams, and adhering to metrics and goals. It is instrumental in working with the Chief Distribution Officer to define the national sales strategy.
This position reports to the Chief Distribution Officer UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the California area as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead and develop sales strategy to ensure goals are exceeded.
- Develop and implement long-range plans that will enhance the growth strategy within M&R.
- Track and communicate current trends, opportunities, and activities to facilitate informed decision making and strategic objective formulation.
- Translate sales strategy into goals and operational plans. Systematically measure performance versus plan; results versus expectations.
- Collaborate with Sr. Sales Leadership Team to develop and implement national sales strategy to accommodate the growth and profit objectives of the business and lead in the Medicare and DSNP arena.
- Continually assess market opportunities/challenges and develop and implement sales plans that address growth/market share, revenue, cost and margin targets, capital requirements and community involvement.
- Build strong external relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate the distribution of products and programs (states, regulators, providers and members).
- Build strong internal relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate the distribution of products and programs (product, marketing, network, field management, sales operations, etc.)
- Growth: Lead sales growth strategies and activities
- Provide leadership and direction in the development, enhancement, implementation and distribution ofa full portfolio of products.
- Drive a cohesive national, divisional and local sales strategy
- Demonstrate deep and broad understanding with capitated provider groups
- Ensure local marketing plans are aligned with goals and objectives of product lines and national strategies.
- Drive a high performance sales culture by holding all employees accountable to expectations.
- Identify business risks related to products and develop actions plans to address needs and processes to avoid reoccurrences.
- Identify improvement opportunities and drive consistency of sales performance.
- Manage and develop team members; provide senior level guidance and support.
- Actively participate in Sr. Sales Leadership meetings to set sales strategy & establish goals.
- Continually drive strong financial management, adherence to metrics, internal & external compliance controls and strong internal & external relationships.
- Reputation: Promote a positive image of Medicare and Retirement by initiating, developing and sustaining effective business relations with all external key stakeholders in the communities served by the organization. Work with marketing and field leadership to develop and maintain a positive relationships including brand recognition for the organization and its products and ensure the organization excels in meeting the evolving needs of its target customers and core markets.
- Champion Focus – Drive national sales agenda by focusing on major cross country initiatives or channel strategies.
- Master’s Degree or demonstrated equivalency of education and sales experience.
- Must have at least 10 years sales management experience, including the ability to create a strong and aggressive sales culture throughout the sales organization.
- Strong track record of successful sales strategy development and sales leadership (minimum 10 years field sales experience and 5 years sales leadership).
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate broad spectrum of sales professionals.
- Strategic thinking, leadership and strong relationship management.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and negotiate with people at all levels.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated success in senior executive level sales management.
- Establishes trust and credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities.
- Preference of relevant healthcare experience in sales, business development, marketing, and product development.
- Travels as required at approximately 50% of schedule.
- Reside within the states identified as part of the West Sales Region
- Bilingual Spanish
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add you energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving changes for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work. (sm)
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.