Risk Finance supports regional Finance teams, Risk Management, and Marketing teams on all aspects of Loss Provision. Our key responsibilities include: Provide decision support and business analytics to improve risk and collection strategies and drive overall AXP growth. Planning, Forecasting, & Reporting: Build financial forecasts for Net Loss Provision to aid in investment decisions. Communicate monthly results and highlight key drivers of change to better enable long-term planning. This position is a key player in the Risk Finance Team based in New York.
- Support Provision Forecasting & Results Analysis of our Global Corporate portfolio through close partnership with Chief Credit Officers in International markets
- Provide thought leadership in development/enhancement of Reserve & Forecasting models as well as ad hoc analytics
- Develop cost benefit analysis in support of Business Transformation activities and create the tracking to ensure expected outcomes are achieved.
- Enhance profitability framework to better optimize risk decisions
- Work cross-functionally on projects across the Global Risk Finance organization to help AXP meet its long term growth targets
Bachelor degree required
- 4+ years direct experience with financial background
- Excel- advanced (comfortable with pivot tables, vlookups, charts, graphs and financial modeling)
- PowerPoint – Advanced
- Strong collaborative skills, both within the team, as well as across the RIM Finance team required.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to multitask while meeting all business and regulatory deadlines.
- Solid financial, analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
- Experience in handling and synthesizing complex information
- Motivated self- starter who can operate on multiple, confidential, diverse fronts simultaneously and with careful attention to detail
- Must be able to translate ideas into understandable business solutions, and demonstrate thought leadership in developing value added analyses.
- Flexibility to function in a fast-paced environment and high energy team player
Preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of card economics
- Experience with SQL (Must be willing to learn)
- Experience working with financial systems (Essbase, TM1)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2019, 3:41:58 PM
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.