1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: This position will be responsible for the overall financial planning and analysis (FPA) for four AWS sites – Auburn, Buffalo, Lubbock and Canada under the supervision of the FPA Director. The position participates in the full FPA process and deliverables including providing financial support and direction for Business performance drivers, Budget planning, quarterly forecasting, S&OP Alignment, Month-end reporting and risk analysis, weekly sales flash, product margin analysis and project execution and productivity tracking. The position will be required to assemble presentations to executive management and ad hoc financial analysis.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide support in managing the Forecast for NE & Lubbock ensuring clear understanding of all variances and critical evaluation of input. (Key result: All variances from forecast, budget and prior year can be adequately explained).
- The FPA function will be a key business partner to four Site Leaders ensuring alignment between sales, finance, and operation teams. Participate in weekly site sales meeting to understand business and help drive strategic initiatives. Provide key insights on sales – including mix/margin analysis, customer analysis, and other ad hoc analysis as required. Loading forecast into HFM and serving as power user for the site. (Key result: Meeting or exceeding annual budget Orders/Sales/Standard Margin).
- Participate in leading monthly cost center review with department heads and supporting with other analysis as needed to understand variances and improve operational results. Generate savings ideas based on variance analysis. (Key result: Cost Center Spend comes in on budget/on forecast).
- Responsible for updating sales related and P&L reporting during the monthly close process, including preparing the early look analysis.
- Manages 1 direct report.
- Coordination of Forecasts/ OP, Outlooks, Flash reviews
- Monthly analysis for Site Leadership
- Backlog/ B&S analysis
- Consolidated margin analysis
- Support Site leaders with MBR/ QBR
- Revenue/ Cost efficiency analysis
- S&OP Demand alignment with OPS team
- GDP Support
- Ad hoc reporting
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting with 4-7 years of business experience
- Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“US GAAP).
- Must have the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps.
- Requires demonstrated skills in written and oral communications and interview skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and HFM skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Building acumen
- Finance project management
- Business partnership
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Inspiring accountability
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Intelligent risk management
- Developing capability (for people manager)
- Leading people & teams (for people manager)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.