The Primary Responsibilities of the Manager, Accounting are to manage the revenue recognition process, perform detailed accounting research for technical questions/issues as they arise and manage the Company’s tax compliance. This position will help to oversee the timely monthly close of the General Ledger, consolidation and reporting of financial results, coordination of audits, review and implementation of new and revised accounting policies, the development of and compliance with internal controls, staff leadership and more.
- Ensure overall technical accounting compliance, includes monitoring relevant IFRS and US GAAP developments to ensure accounting policies and procedures are in compliance with current standards
- Serve as an internal technical accounting expert which includes performing research and preparing technical accounting memos and also includes reviewing new and existing revenue contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Work cross-functionally during the contract negotiation process by analyzing the impact of non-standard contract terms, communicating the revenue impact of such terms, and offering alternative structures
- Implement revenue recognition reporting and process improvements based upon industry trends, authoritative literature and business objectives
- Participate in quarterly forecasting procedures and the annual budget process
- Support the annual audit and quarterly reviews, provide supporting analysis and technical accounting memos
- Provide revenue recognition training sessions and keep business partners abreast of developments in accounting and revenue recognition in particular
- Works with Controller on various initiatives and completes other ad-hoc requests
- BS or BA in Accounting
- CPA Certification required; will also consider candidates in process of obtaining CPA Certification
- Minimum of 5 years of financial and accounting experience with at least 1 year of supervisory experience
- Minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience required
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of both IFRS and US GAAP including experience with technical research and preparation of accounting memorandums
- Software revenue recognition and SEC reporting experience a plus
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to the finance and non-finance team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and manage individuals.
- Detail oriented with high level of ethics and integrity
- Experience with accounting systems, Microsoft Dynamics AX experience a Plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and have knowledge depth in complex functions/data analysis using tools such as V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Ability to cultivate a positive team atmosphere to drive success
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.