PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Manager, Auto Dealer Relations in San Diego, California. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsibility for indirect auto sales activity within designated territories. This position is designed to collaborate with management to define and execute standardized PenFed Credit Union Dealer Services sales and marketing practices; as well as be in charge of the promotion and continuous development of indirect auto sales strategies, producing results in a timely manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Promote and share best practices within PenFed Dealer Partners, providing exceptional customer service, support and advocacy, in order to build, maintain and expand dealer relationships to generate new business opportunities.
- Manage, meet and exceed all performance plans to include mix, volume, conversion ratios, expenses, and operational issues.
- Promote consultative business practices with dealerships to form a mutually beneficial relationship, keeping all dealer partners informed of any up-to-date PenFed Dealer Services products and programs that are being offered.
- Establish profitable relationships with new dealers; improve existing dealer relationships and performance, and terminating non-performing dealer relationships in order to promote business growth.
- Review performance scorecards with dealership management and council dealers on quality of loans being submitted.
- Create and maintain records of dealer visits through a detailed Dealer Contact Report, maintaining accurate documentation.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to auto dealership and credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws as well as sustaining a working knowledge of PenFed products, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to well in a collaborative team environment and exudes positivity to help teams get work done.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be available and willing to work flexible hours/schedule similar to car dealerships – to include nights, weekends, and holidays a scheduled.
- Sales territory will be based in San Diego – covering West Coast states including Hawaii
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or a combination of education and experiences that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ of experience within a financial organization or dealership finance management.
- Knowledge and understanding of sales or indirect auto finance operations , strong prospecting, sales, negotiation, and influence skills and minimum of 3 years of customer service experience.
- Dealer Services Experience with the ability to interact with various levels of management preferred.
- Credit underwriting experience and strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills required.
This position may require supervision of employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-341-6572.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.