We are looking for a Small Business Underwriting Manager with strong people management skills, technology based lending experience, passion for the customer, and a curiosity to learn. You will be responsible for maximizing the potential of a high impact team, improving the customer and underwriter experience with improved tools and data while managing to operational, fraud, and risk goals. You will also be expected to closely partner across the risk, compliance, marketing, product and operations teams to drive successful growth.
- Managing, grow, and build the team: maximize the potential of the Underwriting team and build the next phase of our growth. The current team is a mix of full time employees and contingent workers.
- Evaluating applications: analyze customer’s creditworthiness and make underwriting decisions. Using our proprietary models and your own underwriting expertise, you will analyze information provided in applications, credit bureau information, and other third party data to determine whether to approve or decline applications.
- Improving Customer Experience: We are extremely dedicated and need to deliver what matters most to our customers. We are uniquely positioned that we already have millions of small businesses using our software, giving us a trust advantage, but also a responsibility to take care of the small businesses whether or not we offer a loan. Your goal in the role is listen to the voice of the customer and make sure we deliver an awesome experience to them.
- Credit, Fraud, and Compliance risk management: You will work closely with our risk modeling teams to strengthen our credit, compliance, and fraud underwriting models and policies. Your goal is to aggregate the team feedback and use your experience in lending to support the continued growth of our risk management. You must have a compliance first attitude and work with the team to always understand the “why” behind any decisions that are made.
- 4+ years of experience in small business, or commercial underwriting, ideally with some management experience
- Outstanding empathy and understanding of the small business owner and their finances
- Knowledge of financial statement components and understanding of key risk drivers
- Ability to work in a fast paced and quickly changing environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to simply lay out the conclusions and reasons for each decision
- Ability to constantly focus on the process and to develop and implement operational changes in order to improve efficiency and limit risk throughout the underwriting process
- Excellent motivational abilities, willingness to teach and coach, and ability to learn quickly
- Analytical mindset, strong excel skills, SQL is nice to have
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.