HealthiNation (www.healthination.com) is a leading producer of high-quality health videos for consumers. We develop, produce, and distribute video programming that educate and inspire both those living with serious health conditions, and those who seek healthier lifestyles. HealthiNation seeks a motivated Lead Developer in its New York headquarters, located in the Chelsea District of Manhattan. This role requires strong initiative, superior problem-solving abilities, and the ability to synthesize the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Overall responsibility for the speed, security, and user experience on a consumer health video site
- Project management with a proven ability to prioritize ROI-driven projects and occasionally delegate to an overseas development team
- Manage the migration of an existing video and text library from a proprietary CMS built on Django to WordPress
- Manage and oversee all stages of the development lifecycle for new projects including custom WordPress templates
- Support the business team’s needs with customized CMS views and functionality
- Develop compelling video ad products for syndication across our publishing network and on partners
- A BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong understanding of web design for all platforms, including video. Working knowledge of current web application technologies, databases (relational and non-relational), application servers, and browser-based user interfaces.
- Hands-on experience as an active architect, developer and software development manager with at least 7 years of experience in:
- Python (Django)
- Mysql & Redshift
- Deploying and managing applications in AWS and leveraging cloud services in lieu of traditional data center deployed assets
- REST APIs
- Video, including JWPlayer and custom video players
- Understanding of complete, system-level solutions and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Jira
- Experience setting up cloud based and scalable solutions
- Experience with content distribution across multiple CMS and connected TV providers
- Experience with video production including on-location
- Familiarity with the digital ad industry, DFP integrations, cookie syncing, pixel tracking, etc.
- Experience creating compelling advertising products and integrations
- Familiarity with organic and purchased traffic
- Executive presence with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Experience within the health or pharma industries a plus
This is a full-time role with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in working in a progressive, creative and productive environment, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
HealthiNation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only, please.
Job Type: Full-time
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.