SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable environmental solutions. Our core capabilities are: solid and hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental due-diligence and assessment, brownfields redevelopment , site remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air, water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place for you. Do you have the innovative spirit we are looking for?
SCS Engineers is seeking an energetic, forward-thinking Landfill Gas Group Leader for the Southeast business unit. If you are seeking a leadership role in a growth-oriented environmental firm, SCS Engineers needs you. If you thrive in a friendly, collaborative company, enjoy flexible work hours, and like dynamic work that challenges you to learn and grow each day, SCS is a great fit. You will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us pursue our growth goals, and provide our customers with responsive, high quality customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as Technical and Strategic Leader and/or reviewing principal on project deliverables with an emphasis on client contact and liaison. Provide technical, contractual, and administrative support to Project Manager(s). Assist in planning and development of budgets and strategies for proposals. Emphasize sound engineering/scientific and technical quality, client satisfaction, and project profitability.
- Provide Clean Air Act, New Source Performance Standards and Title V compliance expertise to the regional business unit.
- Responsible for implementation of the company’s Quality Assurance Program. Provide technical review and quality assurance support for projects and proposals.
- Provide guidance to Project Manager(s) in dealing with project staff, staffing assignments, and accounting for resources in executing their jobs. Responsible for developing effective project management skills of the technical staff.
- Participate in National Partner Program technical and project performance with other company/subsidiary professionals for clients throughout the USA and in other parts of the world.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing a formal business development plan for assigned activities focusing on Landfill Gas and Title V compliance work in the southeast United States, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. Monitor business development and strive for cost efficiency as well as long-term positioning in business development execution.
- Proposal preparation responsibilities include review of RFP’s; preparation of written proposals, qualification packages, and SF 330’s; prepare and conduct
- interviews with clients for new work; delegate to and supervise others in performing these proposal responsibilities.
- Encourage and support preparation and presentation of papers at seminars, conferences, and symposiums.
- Establish and maintain appropriate contact with local and regional community. Become active in local professional and trade associations. Encourage office personnel to participate in professional activities for business opportunities and personal growth.
- Trains, mentors, and helps develop technical skills of staff and Project Managers. Demonstrates by his/her approach to decision-making and interaction with staff that the company respects the individuality of its employees and has a commitment to the professional and personal development of all staff.
- Maintains a personal and professional code of conduct that sets the standard expected of all staff members.
- Demonstrates commitment to adherence to safety procedures and use of equipment.
- Works to maintain and improve morale through professional development, involvement of employees in decision making, on-the-job training, outside education, and establishment of long-term opportunities for staff members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, but Master’s degree preferred
- Professional Registration (PE) in the state of Florida required
- Minimum of 8 years of landfill gas/Title V compliance experience required
- Business development experience is a plus
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record in good standing required
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and foster team spirit with all levels of personnel
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental, vision, 401K, ESOP, paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at [email protected]
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.