JOB SUMMARY: Order, collect, process routine and specialty testing, and return results back to the provider. Ensure accurate and timely data entry, scanning, and faxing. Provide excellent customer service on the phone and in person to all patients, doctors and other medical staff. Work well under pressure. Ensure proper patient identification and labeling of specimens. Perform EKGs, IV starts, IRTs, Therapeutic phlebotomies, etc. Follow all hospital and laboratory policies and procedures. Perform CLIA waived testing. Must be able to troubleshoot, prioritize specimens (STAT, ASAP, Routine, Pre-op, etc.), multitask, and be flexible in order to accommodate the needs of the laboratory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Proficiency in collecting correct blood samples and other body fluids, ensuring proper patient identification and labeling of samples.
2. Follows hospital policies and procedures for transporting and delivering samples to laboratory.
3. Knowledge of ordering, stocking and rotating laboratory supplies.
4. Ensure that patients receive appropriate competent and quality clinical care and that customer service meets patient’s expectation.
a. Adherence by staff to all policies and procedures to include the employee handbook.
b. Provides age appropriate care.
c. Reporting, monitoring, and management of patient and staff incidents.
d. Monitoring and management of patient and physician satisfaction results.
5. Comply with standard precautions by using personal protective equipment as required.
6. Develop, utilize, and maintain professional relationships within our organization and its affiliates.
a. Maintain effective working relationships between nursing, clerical, medical and allied health staff.
7. Maintains strict quality control for procedures.
8. Organize requisitions received for collection, Maintains records of tests performed Scanning orders and lab results into electronic medical system, print and fax lab reports to ordering doctor.
9. Orients and mentors new staff members.
10. Shows excellent customer service on phone and in person to anyone that enters the laboratory.
11. Performs miscellaneous tasks that promote smooth operations.
12. Other duties as deemed necessary.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.