CHI-Franciscan Harrison Medical Center
Location: Bainbridge Island, WA
Job Status: Full Time
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients’ medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Collects appropriate samples for testing, including phlebotomy procedures, venous and capillary punctures, and urine collections for medical and legal testing procedures. Work also includes: 1) computer inquiry and entry to maintain patient demographic as well as test ordering details in multiple computer systems in accordance with compliance guidelines; 2) processing and preparing samples for testing at FHS laboratories; and 3) processing, preparing and packaging samples for delivery to testing labs. An incumbent may also provide guidance to new employees/students on department procedures and policies. Work is conducted in accordance with all regulatory accreditation agency requirements.
Work requires: 1) ability to communicate effectively, 2) exemplify customer service and 3) knowledge of laboratory procedures and equipment, accessioning, verifying specimens and specimen requirements, and skills in using a laboratory information system.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs collections to include venipuncture, capillary procedures, and special collections on pediatric and adult inpatient and outpatient populations using safety devices and tools appropriate for the situation. If applicable, performs urine drug screen collection and Breath Alcohol Testing.
- Perform the urine drug collection and testing according to DOT standards.
- Provides communications support using established customer service standards.
- Accesses hospital and lab information system programs to perform ordering, sample labeling, log-in, test cancellation, test add-on, etc. and final disposition into the sample inventory system/storage program.
- Performs processing duties and prepares samples for testing to include: validating patient identity, labeling, centrifugation, aliquoting, and preserving sample integrity. Test ready samples are delivered for testing or packaged for dispatch following specific guidelines.
- Completes follow up protocol and maintains audit trail for ambiguous orders or issues to bring resolution to concerns in accordance with department procedures.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.