What is the opportunity?
The Municipal Finance Banker provides financing solutions for clients by independently managing transactions from concept to completion with an appropriate level of expertise. This includes working closely with Municipal Finance Managing Directors, Directors, Vice Presidents, Associates, Analysts and Administrative personnel to achieve a timely and quality financing product for clients.
What will you do?
- Develop client relationships, developing business opportunities, transaction execution and other such duties.
- Build RBC’s presence in the above referenced area and/or assist with other areas as directed by the Firm
- Prepare financial analyses of potential and current transactions.
- Gather, organize and analyze information necessary to prepare proposals, client presentations, offering statements and marketing materials.
- Prepare proposals and participated in presentations for prospective clients, describing in detail financing alternatives in originating, structuring and marketing an issue and our ability to perform the underwriting functions in a capable manner.
- Develop an understanding of economic and political forces affecting the issuance bonds and the bond market through internal and external resources.
- Enhance the Department’s use and knowledge of available information pertaining to the bond market by collecting, organizing and maintaining various marketing materials and information resources.
- Coordinates the various activities, internal and external, relating to pricing and settlement of public finance transactions. Works closely with management and Investment Bankers to secure closings.
- Identify and pursue Municipal Finance business opportunities in furtherance of agreed budgets and plans
- Proactively identify operational risks/ control deficiencies in the business.
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities.
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions promptly.
- Other such duties, responsibilities and authority as may be reasonably required, consistent with the purposes for which you are being hired and your background, experience and prior business activity.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics with a demonstrated record of high achievement. MBA with emphasis in Accounting, or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related professional Public Finance experience.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; strong knowledge of finance and accounting.
- Demonstrates ability to represent Municipal Finance in community and industry activities.
- Demonstrates ability to develop new business and maintain strong client relationships.
- Highly motivated, committed and responsible, with a demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests.
- Proficiency with personal computers and standard productivity applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all organizational levels.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently balanced with strong teaming skills.
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
- Licensing for the Series 7, 52, 63 and 79
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.