The Inside Sales Representative provides business critical insight and delivers excellent assistance and communication to A. M. Castle metal customers. The Inside Sales Representative will also be responsible for investigating the status of orders and establishing customer or new prospects. A successful individual will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively to Castle customers and maintain detailed records for sales leads.
The Inside Sales Representative will be based out of the office in Wichita, KS and will report to the Inside Sales Manager.
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
- Respond to all general line customer inquiries via phone, fax or email by determining material availability, conformance to customer requirements, quoting prices, and providing a reasonable delivery commitment designed to obtain the customer’s order or expanded order.
- Enter orders into the system and modifies or deletes as required.
- Read blueprints in order to enter quotes or orders for material processed in accordance with drawing specifications.
- Coordinate with customers, operations, traffic, outside sales, purchasing and sales management to expedite or troubleshoot customer orders.
- Understand and provide feedback to customers regarding operational capabilities and enhancements.
- Initiate telephone calls to customers and potential customers to solicit purchases of stock or to follow-up previously quoted business opportunities.
- Handle customer calls relating to complaints on orders by investigating the basis of complaint, referring problems to appropriate personnel, recommending action to rectify problems, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Act as a technical and market resource by counseling and advising customers.
- Arrange for outside purchasing of materials and services to fill customer orders or items not in stick, or not normally stocked and/or used.
- Utilize creative and innovative sales techniques to increase sales volume.
- Cultivate a strong product and market knowledge, as well as knowledge of the customer’s business and end use of material.
- Seek opportunities for product conversions.
- Look for opportunities for value added selling.
- Conform to company ISO and corporate procedures.
- Perform other related work as assigned including occasional travel with outside sales to visit a customer of vendor.
- High School Diploma is required, an Associate’s Degree or some college is preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of a Sales Entry System like Oracle is a must.
- Microsoft Office experience is a required. This role is responsible for generating daily, weekly and monthly status reports; intermediate experience with Excel will be key.
- Exceptional organizational skills to prioritize competing demands
- Superior problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will have a history of demonstrating flexibility, resilience and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- 3-5 years inside sales experience. Outside sales experience is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.