Tampa General Hospital (TGH) is a private not-for-profit hospital and one of the most comprehensive medical facilities in West Central Florida serving a dozen counties with a population in excess of 4 million. As one of the largest hospitals in Florida, TGH is licensed for 1,007 beds, and with more than 8,000 employees, is one of the region’s largest employers.
TGH is the area’s only level I trauma center and one of just four burn centers in Florida. With five medical helicopters* we transport critically injured or ill patients from 23 surrounding counties to receive the advanced care they need. The hospital is home to one of the busiest solid organ transplant centers in the country. TGH is a nationally designated comprehensive stroke center, and has a 32-bed Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit. Other outstanding centers include cardiovascular, orthopedics, high risk and normal obstetrics, urology, ENT, endocrinology, and the Children’s Medical Center, which features a nine-bed pediatric intensive care unit, pediatric kidney transplant services and one of just three outpatient pediatric dialysis units in the state. As the region’s leading safety net hospital, Tampa General is committed to providing area residents with excellent and compassionate health care ranging from the simplest to the most complex medical services.
Tampa General Hospital was named the #1 hospital in Tampa Bay by U.S. News & World Report, 2018-19, and recognized as one of America’s Best Hospital’s in six medical specialties: Diabetes & Endocrinology, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Nephrology, Orthopedics, Pulmonology and Urology. Tampa General Hospital has been designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the highest recognition for nursing excellence. TGH is accredited by The Joint Commission and was awarded disease-specific certification in six medical specialties. TGH is also accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
The HVAC Controller is responsible for the management and administration of the Building Automation System, Temp Trak monitoring system, the SCADA energy management system as well as other control and monitoring systems. This position reports to the Facility Manager and works collaboratively to enhance and stabilize the systems. The Controls Technician will work with appropriate vendors and Tampa General team members to keep the systems current and functional throughout the facility. Interface with construction management and contractors will be necessary to ensure the integrity of these systems moving forward. Provides analytical data in a report format providing a clear snapshot of the condition of managed systems. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with mission, vision and values of Tampa General Hospital. Interact and assist TMS administrator with device inventory and the development of related preventative maintenance requirements.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Minimum 10 years work experience in the operation and maintenance of commercial HVAC systems
- 5 years healthcare experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in management of a BAS.
- Possesses considerable knowledge and expertise in the operation and maintenance of boiler systems, chilled water systems and electrical systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing vendors to include obtaining quotes, interfacing with technicians and supervisors on site, and verification of work performed.
- Experience with construction contractors preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
- Strong Customer service skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- chilled water systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- Building Automation System (BAS) management: 5 years (Required)
- operation and maintenance of HCS systems: 10 years (Required)
- vendor management: 5 years (Required)
- construction contractor: 3 years (Preferred)
- bolier systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- electrical systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.