Venice Community Housing
Venice Community Housing (VCH) is a community based, nonprofit organization engaged in a variety of housing and community development programs. VCH owns and manages 226 units of affordable, supportive and bridge housing, and is in a period of growth with an additional 215 units in the predevelopment stage. VCH provides extensive social services in many of its housing units and also operates additional programs serving people not living in our housing, including transition age youth and unhoused residents.
The Government Grants and Compliance Manager will work to ensure that appropriate government funds are secured and maintained to support Venice Community Housing’s overall work, all requirements of government grants and contracts are met on an ongoing basis, and management of all grants and contracts across the organization is coordinated and efficient. He/she will report to the Director of Development, but will also work across and with multiple VCH teams to effectively implement all aspects of the position, and will be part of the VCH management team.
- Government Funding Solicitation.
- Identify appropriate sources of government funding for VCH’s core areas of work.
- Lead government fund solicitation/proposal processes, including grant writing, document and data compilation, and other components, in partnership with the relevant team(s).
- Ensure government funding renewals are secured.
- Government Funds and other Regulatory Compliance.
- Ensures that all government grants and other regulatory agency, narrative reports and other reporting documents are completed at high quality and submitted as required.
- Ensures that budgets and financial reports are completed at high quality and submitted as required, in partnership with the Finance team.
- Ensure annual Welfare Exemption applications are submitted and secured for all properties.
- Develop or enhance internal systems to streamline data and other organizational information that improves VCH reporting timelines and processes.
- Other duties as required.
The Government Grants and Compliance Manager will have the following or equivalent experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience working with government grants and contracts, preferably in the field of housing and homelessness, including grant writing and/or reporting; two to three years preferred.
- Excellent writing and effective verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet and prioritize multiple deadlines.
- Able to work as an effective member of a team and in a collaborative manner with staff, peers, and supervisor, and demonstrated cultural competence.
- Knowledge or experience utilizing property management software and information systems.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must pass criminal and driving background checks. Valid California driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation in order to travel to off-site properties, meetings, training, and events.
- Mission-driven individual.
Depends on experience and qualifications; benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, Aflac, 403 (b), vacation, sick time, 12 holidays and 2 personal days. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Stationary position 70% of the time.
- Operates a computer and other office machinery such as fax, copy machine, phone.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, move inside and outside the office, apartments, buildings, etc.
- Frequently moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Required to have visual acuity to perform the following tasks: operate a motor vehicle, viewing a computer terminal, reading, and writing, conduct building, and unit inspections, etc.
Please email your resume with a cover letter describing your qualifications to Human Resources at: [email protected] You can also fax your resume to (310) 399-1130 or mail it to Venice Community Housing Corporation, 720 Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Venice Community Housing (VCH) is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you need an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at [email protected].
About Venice Community Housing
Founded by local community members in 1988, Venice Community Housing has been developing lasting, neighborhood-based solutions for low-income families and individuals for over 28 years. We own, and manage 216 units of non-profit affordable housing, both transitional and permanent throughout Venice, Mar Vista, and Del Rey. We also provide comprehensive supportive programs including job training, youth development, life-skills coaching, and family services to help people regain or retain their self-reliance. Our non-profit, permanent affordable housing helps people whose wages haven’t kept pace with rents in their own neighborhoods. And for the most vulnerable who can’t make it without help, we provide permanent housing with supportive services that allows them to live with dignity.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.