At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Global Insights & Analytics Overview
The Global I&A organisation focuses on four key responsibilities:
- Uncovering deep understanding of patients, markets, stakeholders, competitors and brands to drive competitive advantage
- Being a collaborative and strategic partner that provides objectivity to inform better decision making
- Providing recommendations based upon future-oriented insights and opportunities
- Providing an independent view in decision-making bodies with an external perspective, and a future-oriented insights and early warning intelligence.
Global I&A core capabilities are comprised of:
- Insights – interpret patients, HCP, payers, performance data and more to shape the competitivity of our brands, inform better investment decision making and understand the implications for AstraZeneca
- Competitive Intelligence – hold an externally focused view to understand how competitor actions will impact AstraZeneca and the implications they will have on clinical trial and global commercial strategies
- Analytics & forecasting – strong ability to quantify strategy and support decisions with data
Global I&A uses these capabilities to drive decisions by valuing potential assets and shaping winning clinical and commercial strategies.
This role is based in our global Respiratory Insights & Analytics team, leading the Inhaled Respiratory Insights team and will provide strategic and operational business insights capabilities, an in depth understanding of the brand/molecule/therapeutic area (TA) and enable delivery of insights from primary market research, forecasting, analytics, and competitive intelligence into insights and recommendation for influencing/supporting senior executive’s decision making. As a partner to the Head of Respiratory Insights & Analytics and both Global & US Commercial VP/Brand Leads, this role spans analytics, forecasting, sales and primary/secondary market research with considerable functional depth required, and will support the Inhaled Respiratory Therapeutic Area franchise in the US and Global. Importantly, this role is a key liaison with the TA, Brand, Sales, and Market Access teams which requires a strong leadership ethic in terms of strategic thinking, communication excellence and driving results. This role includes managerial responsibility for a team of insight professionals. This role will also require business partnership with multiple stakeholders beyond the Respiratory Therapeutic Area team including Commercial and Global Operations and Finance.
Candidate Focus and Challenge – Job Description
- Oversees and guides development and integration of industry-leading customer insight, market intelligence and analytics helping the organization to frame business problems and opportunities to shape future-proofed strategies and deliver sustainably differentiated brands/early assets, business development opportunities and TA strategies, as well as to unlock the full commercial value of the portfolio
- Responsible for bringing a proprietary intelligence driven external point of view into recommendations by leveraging a network of sources and publicly available information, either on brand or TA level, for internal and external communication
- Guide the analytics and insight involved in the development of marketing materials and provide guidance on the strategic and go-to market tactical plan
- Guide and shape the development of KPI’s/brand health monitoring in order to clearly and quickly diagnose brand performance and impact tactical plans to drive greater business results post launch
- Member of the global Respiratory Insights & Analytics leadership team driving strong decision making by providing an independent externally driven view and recommendations on key development decisions and drivers of brand performance
- Responsible for driving proprietary AstraZeneca view of the key assumptions underpinning our business cases based on interpretation of competitive intelligence, analytics and primary insight and secondary research sources.
- Acts as a thought partner across different areas of Global Commercial Operations and Development to ensure execution of global and local strategy as well as with Brand, Sales and Market Access Teams to unlock the full commercial value of the brand
- Responsible for leading and developing a team of highly skilled staff, appropriate resource allocation and any cross functional/portfolio projects
- Partnering with the TA Commercial VP and BUD ensuring overarching strategic and operational obejctives for the brands and/or TA are met
- Accountable for management of TA insight budget and contractor/consultant relationships, including building aligned insights plans between global and the US
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Science or commercial related degree.
- 10+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry (preferably encompassing both global and US local strategy/commercial insightsroles)
- 5+ years experience utilising a range of analytics involving standard data in the Pharmaceutical Industry e.g. IQVIA (MIDAS, DDD NPA, Monthly Xponent), claims data (Truven, Marketscan), epidemiological data etc
- Exceptional business acumen, strategic thinking and understanding of sales and marketing business practices
- Entrepreneurial mindset to impact leadership and high emotional intelligence
- Experience advising senior level executives, strong coaching and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to influence laterally and vertically
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes and methodologies
- Strong market research and analytical expertise, excellent financial modelling and forecasting skills
- Proven ability to lead teams, influence cross-functionally and manage multiple, complex demands
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Managed a group of at least 1-3 insights or analytical staff
- PhD / MBA
- In depth knowledge of regional market dynamics and/or in-market or regional experience
- Experience within the respiratory therapy area
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.