EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (‘FSO’) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Put simply, our actuarial advisers deliver creative and innovative thinking to high-profile Property Casualty Insurance companies worldwide, supporting them in making confident financial judgements in support of their business goals. Here, you’ll be an actuary right at the heart of that mission, leading engagement teams, working directly with clients, mentoring and developing team members and building your personal brand as a leader in your field.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager within the Insurance Actuarial Advisory Services Property Casualty group you’ll be challenged to participate on engagement teams focused on several of the following areas:
- Loss reserving analysis all lines of business.
- Insurable risk management, self-insurance advisory services (across all industries).
- Predictive Modeling and customer analytics.
- Actuarial Transformation® and modeling.
- Rate setting all lines of business.
- Financial forecasting, valuation.
- Product development.
- Mergers & acquisitions.
- Litigation support.
- Federal income tax analysis.
Skills and attributes for success
- Effectively manage and motivate client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Play an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization.
- Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Manage expectations of client service delivery.
- Stay abreast of current business, regulatory and industry trends relevant to the client’s business.
- Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to serve client needs.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
- Develop a strong personal brand and enhance the EY brand by writing articles, participating in industry groups and speaking at seminars.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or other related major.
- Approximately 5+ years of experience in an actuarial-oriented position, with a minimum of 2 years project or people management responsibility.
- Associate of Casualty Actuarial Society required Fellowship preferred.
- 3 years of experience with Excel, SAS, VBA and or C++
- 2 years of experience with Arius, ICRFS or other actuarial reserving software
- Strong writing, presentation, conceptual, analytical, and interpersonal skills as evidenced by preparing and presenting results and / or findings to clients or senior management.
- Willingness to travel 30% to meet client needs.
- Ability to understand and persuade on complex subjects both in writing and verbally
- Experience working in a team environment on project based work.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous consulting experience or experience implementing new processes/procedures in a corporate environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to meet practice/client needs.
What we look for
- We’re most interested in intellectually curious people with a clear passion for actuarial work. You’ll also need to be a great communicator, as well as flexible in the face of often rapidly changing projects.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.