Vance & Hines
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (FP&A Manager) will drive the forecasting, analysis and strategic planning process for the business unit. This position ensures the budgeting and forecasting process is accurate and reliable. The FP&A Manager will help drive change in operational performance and will interface extensively with the business unit President, Controller, Director of SP&O, Plant Manager, corporate finance team and other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy and Measurement:
- Drives accountability and dependability by developing standards and metrics and measuring outcomes.
- Generates forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance, operations, supply chain, programs, engineering and other areas of business for financial and strategic planning purposes.
- Conduct business and competitor analysis as well as external benchmarking and provide recommendations on pricing models.
- Leads long-range financial strategic planning process, including three-year strategic plan and one-year operating plan
Reporting and Analysis
- Analyzes and reports the financial results including revenues, margin analysis, product-line profitability, operating profit and balance sheet/controllership activities.
- Meets critical business and corporate deadlines such as the monthly accounting close, reconciliations and reporting.
- Prepares reports to explain variances to management on all issues related to plant cost and over COGS.
- Extracts financial data from corporate reporting and ERP systems.
- Prepares, reviews, analyzes and interprets financial and budgetary reports to develop observations and preliminary recommendations.
- Prepares monthly forecast and actual cycles that translate operational activity to financial outcomes
- Maintains risk-adjusted forecasting models which links key business drivers to performance scenarios
- Analyzes profit-and-loss income statements and prepares reports on findings to make budgeting and cost recommendations to management.
- Prepares weekly & monthly sales variance analysis
- Provides analytical support for board meetings, strategy and review meetings
- Manages connectivity across manufacturing and finance to translate business drivers into financial impacts.
- Conducts analysis of business proposals (Capex/ New Business).
- Improves revenue, gross margin and earnings by providing insightful data analysis and influencing business leaders through effective communication and analysis.
- Follow up on action items discussed during business reviews
- A Bachelr’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 5 years of experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment is required for the position. A Master’s degree and/or CPA is preferred. Additional requirements include:
- Demonstrated and progressive experience in FP&A.
- Previous experience working for a manufacturing company and public accounting firm preferred.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of financial analysis, modeling and reporting techniques.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, but ability to summarize into key points/ actionable items.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Proficient in ERP systems and financial reporting tools. Previous experience with Syspro a plus.
- Advanced MS Excel skills. MS Access and SQL skills a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a variety of different environments, including manufacturing, warehouse and an office setting with noise level that can fluctuate from low to high.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.