Help Build Airports. We have an exciting dynamic opportunity for a Financial Controls professional to join our team working at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on a variety of modernization programs at the airport, including the $260M construction of a new checked baggage inspection system and outbound baggage handling system for the Tom Bradley International Terminal at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and the $60M installation of pre-conditioned air and ground power units for the Airlines Committee of Hawaii at Honolulu (HNL), Kahului (OGG) and Lihue (LIH) airports.
The Project Controls Manager will have primary responsibility for the full range of financial and document controls for several different projects. The Project Controls Manager’s day-to-day work includes invoice processing, loan borrowing, budget management and project reporting. In performing this work, the Project Controls Manager will work with other AvAirPros professionals, consultants and subconsultants, contractors, and clients to drive the financial success of several, major capital projects. The successful candidate will possess strong Microsoft Excel skills, the ability to understand and process data from a variety of sources, and the capacity to communicate clearly about the projects and the Controls Manager’s work.
- Compile, track, and transmit project-related documents; maintain the project file system
- Review and process contractor and consultant invoices, making recommendations for payment processing
- Manage borrowing and contract compliance for large, project-specific loans
- Create and maintain financial models that track and allocate project costs across multiple activities and cost centers
- Prepare budgets, forecasts, cash flows, financial reports, and other financial projections
- Prepare memos, reports, briefings, and other deliverables that include complex spreadsheets, graphs, charts and tables
- Assist in selecting vendors, tracking and reporting progress, processing change orders, managing project logistics and phasing, developing and completing punch lists, and reviewing close out documents
- Develop and publish regular project progress reports
- Manage financial closeout and acquisition of project assets
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience with either a construction firm or commercial airport or airline
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required and will be evaluated during the interview process; proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Confident self-starter with an attention to detail and ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and produce project deliverables
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with team members, contractors, consultants and clients
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check conducted by the airport authority to receive Security and Customs clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject; Finance, Business, Project Management preferred
- Able to successfully pass a background check conducted by the Airport Authority to receive Security and Customs clearance.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.