You are a systems thinker and passionate about numbers, spreadsheets and saving money. The Finance & Operations Manager oversees Gray Area’s administrative activities including human resources and benefits, financial reporting, contracts/purchasing, and office operations. This role is responsible for managing the infrastructure of the organization to create effective systems for projects and people.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage and support external bookkeeping and accounting firms with reconciling monthly activity, generating year-end reports, audits and fulfilling tax requirements; hire and retain support staff as needed in the future.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration and programs.
- Review and approve preparation and finalization of quarterly and annual financial reporting materials for Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Oversee processing of accounts receivable including timely invoicing of event rentals, donations, memberships and all earned revenue; Make Weekly check and cash deposits at the bank.
- Oversee processing of accounts payable including entering bills, maintaining automatic payments, and check runs.
- Ensure that Accounting requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
- Assisting in creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow
- Managing grantor contracts and reimbursement requests.
- Payroll management, including employee benefits and organizational insurance.
- Develop, maintain and monitor all fundraising and accounting systems and procedures capturing all pledges, billings and receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
- Generating of reports to make sure that budget goals are met each quarter.
- Manage Airtable platform including projects to expand functionalities and training staff who do not have experience with the program.
- Manage employee’s weekly and monthly tasks including a weekly operations meeting.
- Maintain legal contracts database and prepare contracts for clients and independent contractors.
- Ensure all internal due diligence completed & contracts conform to policies.
- Maintains secure and organized digital and physical file storage system.
- Facilitate all requirements for employee onboarding and offboarding including HR documents, keys, and training.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff and stakeholders to solve problems and innovate creative solutions.
- BA/BS or Associate’s Degree, or a combination of at least 3 years relevant professional experience and education.
- Possesses basic accounting knowledge, including GAAP, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, reporting and analysis, cash flow, compliance and financial controls required.
- Experienced user of Xero Accounting software or similar and additional data entry programs: Airtable, and Google/Excel Spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in digital tools: HTML, WordPress, Google applications, Adobe CC, Airtable, Slack, Keynote, Smarterqueue, Canva or other editorial management tools, (You can pick up new tools easily). Always on the lookout for newer and better tools.
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status a plus.
- Grants management and fundraising skills a huge plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- management: 3 years (Preferred)
- San Francisco, CA 94110 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.