Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts have been ranked FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work for, every year since 1998…come and find out why. Four Seasons Los Angeles Private Residences is seeking a Finance Manager with experience delivering exceptional service. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees; people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
The Residence Finance Manager’s main scope of duties are being responsible for the safeguarding of the residence asset and financial resources to ensure that the homeowner’s interests are protected whilst maintaining the reputation of Four Seasons as operator. Ensure that the residences are operated in a manner as stipulated in the terms of the project governing documents and Four Seasons Management Agreements. Assist the Director of Residences in the administration of all financial aspects of the Residential Operation, to ensure that all local and corporate policies and procedures are observed and to ensure the financial and legal integrity of the business is maintained.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Thoroughly understand and possess a working knowledge of the Four Seasons Accounting and Finance manual
- Excellent understanding of the month end process including, but not limited to, the preparation of financial statements, accruals and journal entries, maintaining reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts in an established corporate format and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- To able to read, interpret and understand the legal and governing documents of the project and set up methodology, allocation methods and working practices for compliance purposes.
- Great attention to detail along with a continuous innovation of daily work, identifying improved processes and opportunities within the business for improvement.
- Coordinate, observe and prepare all operating equipment and supply inventories in accordance with corporate policies.
- Ensure that bank accounts are opened in conjunction with Development / ownership with a bank of strong financial standing. Ensure that all payments are approved by one member of Group A (Director of Residences) and one member of Group B (Residences Finance Manager).
- Maintain a capital reserve account for the replacement of FF&E, plant and machinery and be actively involved in the longer term planning for the replacement of the infrastructure as appropriate and/or in compliance with the governing documents including a 3rd party reserve study if applicable
- Assist with labour meetings and ensure labour model is efficient and appropriate for residence occupancy throughout the year.
- Ensure the preparation of a comprehensive monthly report of the entire financial results of the residences in established corporate formats and in accordance with the governing documents, Four Seasons Management Agreements and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Monitor the status of the Accounts Receivable aging and billing collection of Service Charges and other charges. These must be aligned with the governing documents and local standards and maintain adequate cash flow.
- In conjunction with the Corporate Risk Management team, ensure that adequate insurance coverage is procured on both a global and local basis.
- Prepare allocation methodology between residences and common areas in a manner which are consistent with governing documents, local legislation and common practise in the market place for a similar level of luxury residential development.
- Maintain files on all contracts, leases and agreements and ensure compliance with their requirements, ensure proper authorisation has been obtained for all residence specific contracts, leases and other agreements and competitive bids are on file where applicable and reviewed prior to execution of contract. All agreements that are entered into must be done so in line with the Four Seasons management agreements, Four Seasons policies and procedures, Owner lease agreements and any other relevant agreements / legislation that may be applicable.
- Ensure that monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts are prepared and signed off in accordance with policy, with special attention paid to the bank accounts.
- Review all purchase orders and approve or deny as appropriate, to ensure that the service charge budget is respected at all times. Any overages are to be approved by the Director of Residences in writing. It is the Finance Managers responsibility to ensure that this control mechanism is adhered to at all times.
- Prepare the annual service charge budget and review with Director of Residences as appropriate.
- Prepare all VAT tax returns and any other reporting that is required by local legislation on time and accurately.
- Ensure that financial statements, corporation tax returns, and iXBRL tagging are prepared and completed by a third party audit firm, which will be agreed with the Director of Residences in line with HMRC and Companies House guidelines.
- Monitor and control expenses of the residences to ensure that the service charge budget is respected at all times.
- Ensure that any House Floats issued are maintain subject to the Four Seasons policies and procedures and in a way that can be fully audited at any given point in time.
- Proactively suggest ways to reduce costs and look to implement such savings on an on-going basis.
- Continuous strive for improvement of process and efficiency.
- Planning, organizing, leading, controlling of different projects and finance related matters.
- Establishing a rapport with the residences owners, developers and fellow colleagues in other hotels.
- Have a global working perspective and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Assist Director of Residences in establishing policies, rules, internal controls and safeguards.
- Participate in and develop employee training programs in order to minimize staff turnover and maintain high moral.
- Meeting with the Regional Director of Finance on a regular basis to communicate all accounting activities and results and any other relevant issues, which may affect the success of the residence operation.
- Network within the community to ensure that neighbors are respected and third parties view the residences in a positive light. Any interactions with third parties must always be professional and in a way of the highest ethical and moral code.
- Working knowledge of Not-For-Profit entity accounting or fund accounting
- Proven leadership skills in a residences / hotel / resort environment.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to work with cross-functional teams negotiate for resources and influence stakeholders and to gain acceptance of and commitment to plans, ideas, initiatives as appropriate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare and deliver reports, effective presentations and to facilitate meetings.
- Promote a continuous learning environment that creates an atmosphere for professional development opportunities.
- Apply an ethical and moral approach to influence the outcome of situations.
- Serve as a role model for others by demonstrating appropriate business conduct and ethical principles.
- Continuously seek to improve / develop the performance of others and continuously strive to improve his / her own performance.
- Require a working technical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and job knowledge of all positions in accounting and purchasing. These should include but not limited to accounts payable, credit management, cashiering function, and complete understanding of the general ledger.
- Excellent excel and computer skills, Sun Accounting and Opera knowledge would be preferable.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ‘EEOC is The Law’ Information poster please visit this website – http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.