PLEASE READ: How to Apply
All applications must be received on-line by July 31, 2019. Position closing dates may change based on Association needs. Applicants must apply online rather than by clicking the Indeed “Apply Now” button. Copy and paste this link into your browser and follow the instructions to apply:
CCE of Albany County is seeking a qualified and experienced incumbent to manage and perform financial functions for CCE Associations of Albany, Fulton/Montgomery and Washington Counties.
The Finance Manager also serves as a backup for the Greater Capital Shared Business Network (GCSBN) Lead Finance Manager, helping to ensure the financial needs of the Associations within the GCSBN are met in a timely and efficient manner. The Finance Manager works as part of a customer focused team serving as a supportive, cooperative model for shared business services – performing existing or new financial responsibilities within the GCSBN which can change based on Association need, position vacancies, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field. An Associate’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field plus two years transferrable program/function experience may substitute for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Ability to meet occasional travel requirements associated with this position. A valid NYS driver’s license and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Computer Skills: High level skills in spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), accounting software, word processing (Microsoft Word), and internet software. Demonstrated ability to perform advanced MS Excel and database functions including creating, manipulating, reporting and maintaining electronic spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate, error-free financial and statistical files and other records.
- Commitment to learn Cornell-specific accounting software (currently ACCPAC/SAGE 300).
- Ability to ensure confidentially of information relating to financial and sensitive personnel matters at all times.
- Strong accounting/financial skills. Thorough knowledge of and experience with accounting policies, practices, procedures and systems. Ability to prepare and maintain financial and statistical records, including those needed for audits.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral, written, Internet and visual channels.
- Ability to create and utilize spreadsheets, operate calculators, and maintain an orderly set of files
- Ability to communicate financial recordkeeping needs to others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and to relate and work effectively with diverse people.
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, delegate tasks, attend to details, handle multiple assignments, set priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to manage long-term goals within a context of day-to-day deadlines.
- Ability to creatively solve problems. Ability to gather, assemble, consolidate and analyze facts and draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of accuracy, integrity, sound professional judgment, and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to identify problems and suggest solutions.
- Work Environment: In addition to the Working Conditions; the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. This position works in a typical office environment. In addition, the position regularly lifts, moves, or transports office supplies, work related materials and equipment.
- Experience with non-profit, accrual basis of accounting is desirable
- Experience with managing and preparing for an outside audit/ single audit
- Experience managing budgets with diverse income streams and high numbers of accounts
- Experience working with complex organizations
- Experience working with ACCPAC/SAGE 300
Excellent benefits, based on eligibility, including: 21 Vacation days, 12 Sick days and 3 Personal days annually – plenty of time for work/life balance, 12 Paid Holidays annually, NYS Health Insurance Program (including Dental Insurance), NYS Retirement and much more.
This is a full time, exempt position. Compensation paid at the rate of $50,000 annually.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate governmental agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.