ITT Goulds Pumps
We are actively searching for a Field Service Technician situated anywhere in the Gulf Coast who is experienced with servicing all types of pumps and rotating equipment to provide the following services: installation, commissioning, startup, pump/system troubleshooting,vibration analysis, testing, field repairs and training. Our excellent reputation is built on the foundation of our core values: Respect,Responsibility, Integrity, Safety, Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide exceptional customer support during delivery of startup services, field testing, field repairs, and customer training. Responsible to establish and maintain a strong relationship with our customers by acting as a trusted adviser and resource during on site activities. Work closely with PRO Service Centers, Sales Engineers, and customers to deliver services and solutions.Report potential business opportunities. Maintain compliance with all established Environmental, Safety & Health policies and procedures. Must be passionate about providing outstanding customer service and delivering results.
· Provide in-field technical support in all aspects of the installation, commissioning,start-up, vibration testing, functional and performance testing, training, and troubleshooting on pumps and related rotating equipment along the Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast. As such, this position could sit anywhere between the greater Houston and Baton Rouge areas.
· Complete on-site inspections and repairs of pumps and related rotating equipment utilizing company service truck.
· Conduct on-site safety meetings as required by the Customer and Goulds Pumps.
· Supervise/coordinate sub-contractors and customer personnel as required.
· Complete formal technical field reports, time sheets, JSAs, and expense reports for each field assignment.
· Provide daily communication to the Field Service Manager/Sales Associate on any issues that arise on site.
· Provide technical solutions to problematic pump/systems issues.
· Provide support to factory warranty engineers by investigating and resolving pump product issues in the field.
· Other duties as assigned.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You will be in the field for this role, at our customers various locations,covering such industries as [oil & gas operations, mining, pulp & paper processing, and water treatment]. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop,kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment – as required by PPE Assessment. Employee must also be able to travel both nationally and internationally.
Position Requirements : EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
– High School Diploma or GED/Equivalent – Required
– 4-year Engineering Degree – Preferred
– 5+ years of experience in a rotating equipment installation, startup and troubleshooting.
– Classified as a Rotating Equipment Engineer / Technician experience – Preferred
– Able to demonstrate considerable mechanical ability at a very high level – Required
– Diverse experience in the repairs of multiple pumps regardless of manufacture and/or type.
– Strong computer skills including use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
– Experience training, coaching, directing and supervising.
– Ability to work with minimum supervision
– This position requires extensive travel within the USA
– This position requires visibility to US export-controlled documents.
ITT PRO Services’ Field Service engineers and technicians are experienced with servicing all types of pumps and rotating equipment. Customers utilize Field Services for installation & commissioning, troubleshooting, and field repairs of pumps, pumping systems and other pieces of rotating equipment. PRO Services Field engineers and technicians utilize state-of-the-art techniques and equipment to provide the highest level of service in the industry.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)
From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.