Title: Executive Financial Planning Director
Division:Provost & SVP Academic & Faculty Affairs (80001047)
Department: Provost & SVP Academic & Faculty Affairs (90006951)
Location: Houston (1100)
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Employment Duration: Full-time
The Executive Director of Financial Planning and Accounting is responsible for managing the day-to-day budget and finance needs of a department. Responsibilities included finance strategy and operations, budget management and development, and day-to-day running of the financial business operations.
- Provide oversight for all financial transactions within SAP.
- Ensures compliance with both policy and procedures set forth by the institution, mission, schools, accreditors and regulators.
- Lead accounting and finance operations, systematize, document, and ensure effective and efficient processes, appropriate controls, and visibility are in place for all accounting operations.
- Direct and execute day-to-day management of accounting and finance operational functions, including transactions such as payroll and salary administration, approving expenses and monitoring expense controls, processing journal entries, cost transfers, salary distributions, invoices, additional compensation payments and internal transfers within The College.
- Oversees the department’s grant and contract administration (pre and post award) and serves as a resource to PI’s in regards to budget reallocations, extension requests and financial reporting compliance.
- Provide oversight for contract approval and management.
- Direct and manage financial risk mitigation and management strategies.
- Directs and produce regularly scheduled and adhoc reports and analysis for both internal and external users.
- Ensures annual financial budget targets for revenue and expense projections for each program and department are established.
- Works with account owners to ensure that line-item budgets are submitted, reviewed and revised as appropriate.
- Ensures the realization of on-target financial performance through effective budget management and accounting operations.
- Provide successful and on-time month-, quarter- and year-end closing of the budget.
- Required: Master’s degree in accounting, business or related field.
- Required: Ten years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.