Medici in Normal
We are looking for a strong leader to continue to develop our team and expand our culinary footprint. We have a strong young staff looking for someone experienced to help cultivate their talents. We are looking for someone who can maintain a supportive and positive environment in both Back and Front of house.
- Strong working knowledge of a diverse kitchen
- Production of unique and creative specials
- Banquet experience, prep and execution. Knowledge of diverse banquets and catering menus and occasional festivals
- Exhibits vast knowledge of culinary technique (Grill, Braise, Stew, Saute, Fry, Roast, Bake) with interest in developing staff training
- Identifying problems and remeding situations in production and cost
- Maintain an appropriate inventory
- Accurately check in orders while checking for freshness, temperatures, damaged cases, rotten, or undesirable product.
- Practicing FIFO (First In First Out).
- Execute monthly inventories and cost analysis.
- Working with local vendors to assure best pricing and quality controls of products
- Staying vigilant on anticipating and identifying staff and food related problems as they come up
- Coordinating pre-shift meeting with FOH managers to discuss daily specials and any staff related topics
- Taking care of staff needs –Pay, accident report, culinary questions, scheduling conflicts, etc.
- Upholding the standards set by the ownership and General Manager.
- The Chef must delegate tasks out to team members effectively to ensure that we maintain standards and quality
- Maintaining a positive work culture and environment
- Maintain a sanitary environment per national, state, and local laws.
- Train the staff on good sanitation practices – Sanitizer buckets, FIFO, labeling and dating, proper cooling, holding temps, etc.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the equipment and the kitchen itself through a regimented cleaning program involving both cooks and dishwashers.
- Ensuring that Medici complies with all McLean county Health dept. regulation at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
- Executive Chef: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.