Gulfshore Life seeks an Editor-in-Chief to build and evolve our iconic brand. Our ideal candidate is a strong leader who’s passionate about creating engaging and authoritative food, art, culture and other lifestyle content for a regional audience. Ideally, this person has or will develop a deep love for and comprehensive grasp on Southwest Florida.
Who We Are
Established in 1970, Gulfshore Life is a luxury lifestyle magazine that serves as the authority on the people, places and culture of Southwest Florida (specifically Collier Lee and Charlotte counties, which include Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Marco Island, Sanibel and Captiva and Cape Coral, among others). We produce 12 magazines a year, in addition to several Home and Health Custom Pub/Special Edition publications (handled by a separate editor).
We’re looking for a visionary, who can honor the legacy of the magazine, while helping push the brand forward. The ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience working in magazines, demonstrates a deep commitment to the highest quality journalism, and has experience building and leading teams.
This person has a proven track record covering lifestyle topics (food and drink, art, homes, tastemaker personalities, style, health, travel) and producing compelling features, including news-driven investigative stories. They should have a stable of talent (both freelance and for staff roles) and feel comfortable being the public face of a brand, whether during networking opportunities or media interviews. The person is a natural leader with an eye for quality, is intellectually curious, has good taste and displays excellent judgment at all times.
- Lead the editorial vision for Gulfshore Life, based on our distinctive strengths and role in the Southwest Florida community.
- Produce monthly magazine and collaborate with a digital editor on web strategy
- Work with stakeholders across the digital and print organizations to ideate editorial programs and franchises that will grow the brand and create meaningful sponsorship opportunities.
- Fine-tune the workflow system to be efficient and ensure accuracy at every level
- Collaborate with the Special Edition and Gulfshore Business editors to recognize synergies between the brands and ensure consistency across all Gulfshore Life products
- Embrace team cultivation and management, inspiring and supporting a talented group of staff, freelancers and sources
- Proven track record in leading magazine teams and growing a magazine brand across various mediums (print, digital, social media, brand extensions, events)
- 10+ years working in magazines; at least 5 of those years should have been at an executive level (deputy, managing, exec, EIC)
- Exceptional editing and writing skills
- Ability to create content that’s authentic, brand-aligned, and engages both loyal readers and new audiences.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (able to clearly communicate ideas one-on-one and in group presentations)
- Passion for luxury lifestyle content and exploring Southwest Florida
- Solid understanding of digital landscape
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
- 10+ years in magazine media, ideally with a focus on luxury, lifestyle and regional content
- Skilled in top editing and writing short service pieces, dynamic packages and longform stories
- Experience managing multi-faceted projects and leading creative teams
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume and links to portfolio. This is a full-time position based in our office in Naples, Florida—often praised as being one of the healthiest and happiest places in the world with dozens of white-sand beaches and a dynamic community that’s growing with new restaurants, breweries, art centers, and a constant stream of events.
Gulfshore Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.