The Global Rewards Finance team manages one of American Express’s largest balance sheet items – the reserve for Membership Rewards [MR] in the US and in over twenty international markets. The team also provides strategic financial analysis to help develop winning strategies in order to enhance our cardmember experience, grow our business, and uphold our reputation.
This Director-level role leads a team responsible for end-to-end ownership of the US rewards planning, forecasting, and results analysis processes, which include the Annual Plan, monthly balance-of-year outlooks, and the Long Range Plan. In addition, the team owns the results & planning for USMR Redemptions and the Ultimate Redemption Rate. The ideal candidate will bring a unique balance of strong analytical skills, a distinguished ability to communicate, strong people leadership, and comfort with ambiguity. He or she must be able to build solid, trust-based relationships with business partners, technology, and controllership to deliver outstanding reward programs to our Card Members while simultaneously maintaining robust levels of financial rigor.
- Lead a team responsible for end-to-end ownership of the enterprise-wide Rewards planning, forecasting, and results analysis processes, which include the annual Plan, monthly outlooks, and Long Range Plan.
- Own the forecast for key drivers of the USMR liability including Weighted Average Cost per Point and Ultimate Redemption Rate
- Ensure financial rigor and integrity each quarter for US Rewards Expense, in partnership with Controllership
- Drive advisory and decision support activities across the US market relating to all rewards constructs, including Membership Rewards (focused on US Commercial) and cash rebates [e.g., product construct / design, product accelerators, redemption patterns, impact of new partners]
- Lead the quarterly Ultimate Redemption Rate process including investigating business drivers and delivering explanations to senior leaders and other audiences across the enterprise
- Build relationships with Rewards Controllership, Corporate Planning, Consumer & Commercial LFO organizations, and USMR Center of Excellence
- Exceptional relationship and collaboration skills, including the ability to work in a highly matrixed environment across marketing, finance and technologies
- Exemplary communication skills with the ability to break down complex ideas into understandable / actionable messages
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, disparate projects concurrently without sacrificing quality
- Track record of effectively coaching and developing colleagues
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 12, 2019, 8:51:02 AM
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.