This position specifically supports the mission of the university by providing reporting for the University’s strategic financial plans through internal and external reporting, benchmarking, and data-driven decision support. Serves as principal owner of financial reporting processes to include research and implementation of best practices related to presentation of historic and forecasted financial data to support university administration, departments, and units; and external entities. Coordinates forecasts of financial data and performs other analytical or accounting functions and services as needed.
Job Duties Required Education Bachelor’s Field of Study Accounting, Data Analytics, or Business related field Required Experience 5 years of relevant work Other Required Qualifications
- Experience preparing complex analyses and reports and ability to analyze overall financial results and detailed data quickly.
- Ability to plan and conceptualize and make sound business decisions
- Must exercise considerable independent and professional judgment in matters of significance
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interpret or implement policies and procedures
Preferred Education Master’s Preferred Field of Study Business Administration, Data Analytics or related field Preferred Experience 7 years of relevant work Other Preferred Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA)
- Experience in higher education
Part time/Full time Full Time Avg Hours per Week 40 Work Hours Business hours; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, Monday through Friday Physical Demands
See Job Description
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience the culture of working for an institution consistently ranked as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (www.baylor.edu/about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for eligible staff and qualified dependents
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Pullin Family Marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience Baylor through many more wonderful events and programs that take place on campus each year
- Conveniently located in Waco, Texas, Baylor University is approximately 90 miles from both the Dallas-Fort Worth and Austin areas. To learn more about life in Waco, visit http://wacochamber.com/community/about-waco.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Pay Rate Commensurate with education and experience
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicants
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.