Percentage of Time:
Qualifications for Position
1. Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in managing accounting and finance in a large organization on a strategic level as well as demonstrated knowledge of financial operations and practices, preferably in a public or private university and/or academic setting.
2. An undergraduate degree in a field related to financial management or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree (MBA) highly desirable.
3. Ability to support strategic planning and objectives by assessing and/or recommending appropriate fiscal and budgetary approaches.
4. Professional experience in managing a self-supporting business enterprise. Experience working with corporate financial environments desirable.
5. Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Financial Standards Accounting Board (FASB) guidelines. This includes knowledge of income statement and balance sheet principles and the ability to create pro-forma statements.
6. Ability to communicate clearly and to translate complex financial information to front-line managers so that clear financial direction is delivered across the organization.
7. Knowledge of UC business and accounting policies and procedures.
8. Knowledge and management skills to provide direction and guidance to a fully functioning finance and accounting unit. Experience and demonstrated skill in supervision, including hiring, orienting, training, organizing workflow, delegating responsibility, providing direction, monitoring and evaluating performance, and coaching, employee performance counseling and disciplining as necessary.
9. Demonstrated leadership ability, analytical skills, creative and innovative problem-solving skills, management ability, and a strong commitment to service excellence. Ability to work independently, be proactive, flexible, and collaborate as a team leader.
10. Outstanding organizational and analytical skills to manage multiple projects and perform efficiently and courteously in a fast-paced environment with a fluctuating workload, conflicting and competing priorities, and frequent distractions and interruptions. Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow through on multiple tasks and projects with attention to detail and in a timely manner
11. Demonstrated experience managing audit activities, reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger and facilities
12. Ability to work with statistical and planning projections and models, and to produce reports and other information packages that are useful for planning and evaluation purposes.
13. Ability to draft and implement policies and procedures reflecting accounting and budgetary practices.
14. Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of client departments to achieve coordinated planning and budgetary objectives.
15. Ability to critically assess budgetary proposals with respect to fiscal feasibility and operational efficiency and effectiveness.
16. Knowledge of overhead allocation models including the impact on pricing, operations, financial planning and interpersonal management of programs.
17. Knowledge of higher education fiscal practices and issues.
18. CPA or equivalent educational experience in the field financial management.
Additional Posting Information
External Posting Date:
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.