Allegany Council on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
Allegany Council on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse, Inc. (ACASA) is recruiting for an full time Accountant to provide general accounting services. ACASA is a non-profit corporation funded primarily through state-aid and third party reimbursement with a current annual budget of approximately $2.2 million. The account will be expected to provide accurate and consistent general accounting for all ACASA fiscal activities consistent with generally accepted accounting principles, grant requirements, and state aid requirements.
- The accountant will supervise and assist staff with entering and recording of any transactions made by ACASA using PeachTree Accounting software.
- The accountant, in conjunction with the ACASA staff, will generate a monthly financial report for review by the Board of Directors.
- Ensures the cash report in the accounting system matches with the cash report in the billing system.
- Responsible for tracking Funding Receivables for all funding sources ( federal, state, county, grants, contracts).
- Reconciles cash report in accounting system to the cash report in billing system weekly (or monthly/as needed)
- Reviews reconciled bank statements and bank transfers.
- Will make any appropriate journal entries as needed and reviews ones made by ACASA staff.
- The accountant will assist the administrative staff and Executive Director with preparations for the annual audit as well as any audits conducted by government agencies. The accountant will be available to answer questions for such auditors.
- The accountant will provide advice/assistance on any fiscal activities involving ACASA.
Candidates should have a minimum of a Bachelor Degree or an Associates with 5 years of experience. Preference will be given to candidates with Health Care or Non-Profit work experience, along with Supervisory experience. Full Benefits and Salary commensurate with experience and credentials.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Finance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee discounts
- Other types of insurance
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.