At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position is responsible for overseeing financial operations, including the development of policies and procedures, establishment of internal controls, and adherence to corporate standards. The Director participates in the strategic development and implementation of financial plans involving operational budgeting, reimbursement strategies, long range financial planning, cost accounting, and financial analysis.
Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance; MBA desired
Licenses/Certifications:Certified Public Accountant license preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- 10 years of progressive financial management experience. Four years of supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport, and work effectively with external contacts including auditors, bankers, bond trustees and consultants
- Strong PC skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Develops, recommends implements and monitors corporate financial policies and procedures, and establishes internal controls to safeguard the assets of the Corporation.
- Directs or participates in annual audit process.
- Coordinates and develops plans with external auditors; supervises development of lead schedules and supporting schedules for auditors; monitors progress; generates financial statements for inclusion in audit report.
- Directs annual budget process for facilities and/or system wide.
- Develops and monitors timetables; establishes guidelines and formats for development of budgets.
- Approves monthly financial statements and accompanying documents; coordinates financial information for Board of Directors meetings.
- Coordinates all external financial reporting and tax reporting; distributes audited financial statements and interim financial results as needed/required by external sources.
- Directs and monitors financial programs ensuring available funds are invested to optimize earnings for the organization. Manages available working capital at adequate levels.
- Provides assistance and documentation for staff in completion of their assignments; ensures adherence to internal control procedures.
- Evaluates and recommends new/upgraded automated accounting and financial management systems.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staffs and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.