Mike's Country Store
Mike’s Country Store is seeking a full-time Deli/Bakery Manager.
To efficiently direct and supervise the activities of all Deli and Bakery associates to achieve the sale and profit goals established for the departments; to ensure that the work shifts of all department associates contribute to the financial best interest of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in Deli is required. Bakery experience helpful.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to self-start and complete work assignments.
- Flexible in work schedule may vary week to week.
- Lift boxes and equipment up to 60 lbs.
Relocation incentives considered.
- Provide leadership to a team that completes all deli product preparation and stocking, to ensure product quality protection, accuracy, and date sensitive rotation, ensure all spoiled/damaged products are handled per established guidelines.
- Responsible to order and maintain inventory in the deli department while utilizing inventory control procedures to ensure product freshness and quality.
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food is preserved.
- Review and validate received orders for the amount, quality, count or weight, condition and ensure all product is stored in appropriate areas.
- Follow all store requirements when checking in vendors.
- Set up and maintain all displays.
- Maintain familiarity with all products carried in the department.
- Know the ad items, special prices, coupon deals or other features that apply to the store’s sales program.
- Ensure freshness of all bakery items and food in a bakery.
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene in the bakery premises.
- Greet customers and provide quality personalized service.
- Coordinate with stores manager and other bakery staff in serving customers.
- Replenish food items according to the customer’s demand and needs.
- Ensure that bakery items are baked or cooked according to the customers’ tastes and needs.
- Ensure that nutritional values are not lost in baking, processing or cooking items.
- Ensure deliciousness in baked items to attract customers.
- Maintain and control inventory of baked items.
- Ensure compliance of all food processing laws and regulations.
- Maintain food safety certifications required by Local or Government Agencies.
- Implements and maintains work schedules, labor control, and payroll expense control programs for the department.
- Responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates, and developing and monitoring department goals. Develop and monitor department budget as required.
- Make recommendations to improve current programs and processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Proficient Computer (email, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret documents.
- Accounting/Bookkeeping skills.
- Interpret/Analyze Financials.
- Develop/ Manage Budgets.
- Suggestive Selling/Knowledge of Products.
- Detail Oriented.
About Mike’s Country Store
For generations, the Rogers Family has marketed a variety of premium meats, such as, steaks, ribs, chicken, chops, and homemade sausage and beef jerky. In 1968, Mike Rogers’ Dad opened his first country grocery store in South Georgia, providing local residents with high quality, custom-cut, grain-fed meats. In 1997, Mike and his Dad opened the first Mike’s Country Store on Philema Road in Leesburg, GA. Since then, demand for their premium meats soared so much that they now have 5 stores serving the Southwest Georgia area! Mike says that “because our customers are our number one priority, we are a success.” That kind of thinking prompted the 100% Guaranteed Quality Policy and a well-known catchphrase, “At Mike’s, It’s All About the Meat!”
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.