Auris is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
Reporting to the Operations Controller, this candidate will be responsible for reviewing variable product costs, fixed overhead, manufacturing variances and period costs impacting both Product and Service cost of goods sold. In addition, this candidate will work with the R&D group to model the cost of products in the development pipeline to ensure alignment with project cost targets. This candidate must have a strong knowledge of supply chain accounting processes and a track record of process improvement to support scalability and reporting accuracy. Importantly, this individual must be a strong cross-functional team player working with Operations, R&D, Strategy, and other functions in the company.
A successful candidate should have proven success at partnering with multifunctional teams and a clear focus on results and accountability.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Bill of Material (BOM): Review and partner with Engineering and Manufacturing Operations to ensure BOM accuracy.
- Standard Costing: Prepare analysis to support the periodic costing of manufactured (Production) and repaired (Service) subassemblies. Analysis will focus on the review of the current/expected material, labor and overhead costs associated with building or repairing subassemblies and ensuring these costs are accurate and in accordance with corporate accounting policies and GAAP.
- Inventory Reserves and Liabilities: Quarterly calculation of Excess and Obsolete materials, Lower Cost of Market (LCM), Discrepant Materials and Physical Inventory reserves.
- Monthly/Quarterly Close: Review the Income statement (COGS) and Balance sheet (Inventory) and make necessary adjustments to correct for errors, capitalize and amortize variances and accrue for reserves and/or other period costs.
- Reporting and Analysis: Provide trended flux analysis for Product Margins and Inventory by Profit Center as well as variances to budget.
- Operating Expenses: Work with operations managers to construct annual spending budgets and forecast updates and report on variances.
- Cycle Count and Physical Inventories: Assess the effectiveness of the inventory management standard operating procedure (SOP) and control processes by performing cycle count audits and reporting findings and recommendations to management. This role will also support the team in conducting Physical Inventories as necessary.
- Forecasting: Assist the Operations Controller in the development of regularly scheduled and ad hoc forecasts as it relates to both gross margin and inventory.
- Productivity: Drive process improvement by eliminating waste and non-value-added activities as well as automating processes.
- Ad Hoc analysis: Build product cost models to evaluate various supply chain opportunities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting and/or Finance with seven to ten years applicable experience in Operations Finance/Cost Accounting.
- Highly Desired: MBA degree with experience in the Medical Device Industry.
- Significant experience with database and ERP systems (SAP experience a plus)
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with extensive Excel experience
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Track record of successful capital equipment product launch with significant in-house manufacturing capabilities.
- An approachable individual who provides a high level of teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize projects and tasks.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.