The Cost Accounting Manager is a true business partner who serves as the primary day to day finance and accounting resource for the Savannah Operations Center of Excellence (COE). The COE is primarily comprised of a new manufacturing facility which supplies various products including Medical and Dental devices to several commercial teams. The COE also contains packaging, warehouse, assembly / repair, engineering, and QA/RA functions.
The Cost Accounting Manager helps establish and maintain cost accounting policies and controls; prepares and presents financial reports and Key Performance Indicators to various leaders that will improve operational performance; identifies areas of opportunity and efficiency and works with team to implement as appropriate. This role is a proactive one, focusing on providing value added solutions.
- Designs, implements and executes cost accounting system for the COE
- Delivers timely and accurate product costing, production analysis and management reporting
- Establishes, monitors and reviews various settings including labor, overhead and run rates
- Sets, maintains and adjusts landing costs for products sourced both internally and with third party suppliers
- Performs month end close responsibilities including journal entries, account reconciliations, roll forwards and other analysis
- Ensures integrity of all related areas of financial statements and supporting schedules
- Leads monthly forecasting and annual budgeting effort for areas under responsibility
- Provides ongoing analysis of cost of goods sold and gross profit vs. targets and prior year
- Provides technical accounting and business support for areas under responsibility
- Communicates risks and opportunities on timely basis to leadership team while proposing solutions to any costing or production challenge within the COE
- Presents results to senior leadership and key stakeholders
- Helps establish and maintain internal controls
- Drives process improvements
WORK EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of experience in cost accounting. Experience in manufacturing and working directly with business unit leaders preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree (BBA or BS) in Accounting from a four-year college or university required. CPA/CMA preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Customer service focus
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Excellent analytical ability
- Values and drives continuous improvement
- Influences and builds relationships
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excels in fast-paced work environment
- Advanced familiarity with Excel
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Job demands may require long periods of sitting, telephone and computer work.
- Individual must be able to work a scheduled 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm (typically).
- Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cost Accounting: 5 years (Required)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.