The Cost Accounting Manager is a true business partner who serves as the primary day to day finance and accounting resource for the Savannah Operations Center of Excellence (COE). The COE is primarily comprised of a new manufacturing facility which supplies various products including Medical and Dental devices to several commercial teams. The COE also contains packaging, warehouse, assembly / repair, engineering, and QA/RA functions.
The Cost Accounting Manager helps establish and maintain cost accounting policies and controls; prepares and presents financial reports and Key Performance Indicators to various leaders that will improve operational performance; identifies areas of opportunity and efficiency and works with team to implement as appropriate. This role is a proactive one, focusing on providing value added solutions.
- Designs, implements and executes cost accounting system for the COE
- Delivers timely and accurate product costing, production analysis and management reporting
- Establishes, monitors and reviews various settings including labor, overhead and run rates
- Sets, maintains and adjusts landing costs for products sourced both internally and with third party suppliers
- Performs month end close responsibilities including journal entries, account reconciliations, roll forwards and other analysis
- Ensures integrity of all related areas of financial statements and supporting schedules
- Leads monthly forecasting and annual budgeting effort for areas under responsibility
- Provides ongoing analysis of cost of goods sold and gross profit vs. targets and prior year
- Provides technical accounting and business support for areas under responsibility
- Communicates risks and opportunities on timely basis to leadership team while proposing solutions to any costing or production challenge within the COE
- Presents results to senior leadership and key stakeholders
- Helps establish and maintain internal controls
- Drives process improvements
WORK EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of experience in cost accounting. Experience in manufacturing and working directly with business unit leaders preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree (BBA or BS) in Accounting from a four-year college or university required. CPA/CMA preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Customer service focus
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Excellent analytical ability
- Values and drives continuous improvement
- Influences and builds relationships
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excels in fast-paced work environment
- Advanced familiarity with Excel
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Job demands may require long periods of sitting, telephone and computer work.
- Individual must be able to work a scheduled 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm (typically).
- Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Brasseler USA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cost Accounting: 5 years (Required)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.