SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Directs and organizes all general accounting activities. Prepares accounting and financial reports and ensures accurate accounting systems and record keeping. Performs accounts payable and accounts receivable accounting functions including receiving and matching invoices, account coding, preparation of disbursements, billing, processing of invoices, and record keeping for medical practice.
30-40 hours per week.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements accounting policies, coordination of systems and procedures, and the preparation of operating data and special reports as required including interim and year-end financial statements.
- Maintains the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions; reviews entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the company’s and established accounting principles; controls all changes to chart of accounts. Responsible for monthly and year end closing of the general ledger including preparation of journal entries.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts; verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems; maintains integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
- Responsible for review and preparation of payroll records and processing of payroll checks and reports by outside payroll service.
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests; maintains open files for purchase orders matches to invoices. Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts. Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
- Codes invoices with account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger; determines dates for invoices to be paid; keypunches invoices into computerized accounts payable system. Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
- Reviews invoices scheduled for payment and special check requests, prints approved checks and prepares and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
- Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices “Paid” and files in permanent records.
- Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open/aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
- Receives and answers phone calls from vendors or other departments in regard to payment status of invoices.
- Maintains list of all bank notes and loans. Maintains relationships with financial institutions. Maintains adequate sources for the company’s current borrowings from commercial banks and other lending institutions.
- Works directly with CPA firm to provide quarterly and annual financial information for income tax purposes.
- Performs other accounting duties as requested by the Office Manager.
Provides assistance to and receives direction from the Office Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.