Atrion Corporation is a leading supplier of medical devices and components to niche markets in the health care and medical industry worldwide. Atrion stays on the forefront of technology and manufacturing with products that meet the needs of its targeted markets.
Corporate Accounting & Finance Manager – Medical Supplies / Equipment Manufacturer
Chief Financial Officer
Allen, TX 75002
This position is designed to fulfill a need for an experienced accountant providing leadership and support in a variety of key daily job duties and functions to a public manufacturing company. The candidate will serve as a key member of both the corporate accounting and finance team as well as the subsidiary accounting team. Over time, the candidate should grow into a Controller position, Corporate Finance and Accounting Director, or eventually CFO.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with 8+ years experience in complex accounting/finance roles (i.e. multi-location, multi-product organizations)
- Minimum of 3 years SEC reporting
- At least 3 years in a manufacturing environment with solid cost accounting skills
- The Accountant must have the requisite skills to understand the financial drivers of the business, ensure the accuracy of US GAAP accounting, work with external auditors, and communicate well with internal managers on the financial performance of the company.
- Experience with annual budget and long-range financial planning processes and managing and developing monthly financial reporting and analysis is required.
- M&A experience or experience integrating and consolidating financial systems as part of an acquisition is a plus.
- The Accountant must be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbal
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and intellectual curiosity, and the ability to be an individual contributor when called upon.
- Team oriented, able to take direction and work independently
- Able to think through issues
- Initiative and sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to use technology for efficiency gains
- CPA, CMA designation is a strong plus.
Preferred additional skills/experience:
- Cognos or Reports Now experience
- State and Local Tax experience; support role
- Federal tax experience; support role
- R&D tax credit and deduction support; support role
- Cost accounting support
- JDE 9.2 experience
Functional responsibilities will include the following:
- Support the preparation of external (SEC) financial reporting and financial disclosures
- Responsible for general accounting support including preparing journal entries, account and bank reconciliations and supporting account schedules.
- Assist in monitoring GAAP and implement new guidance
- Payroll administration – Dayforce experience preferred
- Assist in research, interpretation, applicability and implementation of new accounting guidance
- Draft accounting position papers, accounting policies and procedures
- Support CFO with journal entries and Sarbanes Oxley reporting
- Participate in and lead some portions of budgeting and planning process
- Manage the annual 401(k) and pension plan financial statements and audits
- Administer insurance, claims and renewals
- Support Controller with month-end and year-end closing and annual audit process, maintenance of adequate accounting records and a comprehensive set of internal controls.
- Lead and assist in technical analysis projects and ad hoc projects as necessary
- Commensurate with experience
Notables / Benefits:
- Mid-size company with great company culture that is well diverse
- Have a voice in the company
- Average tenure for employee population is 10-15+ years
- 401k with employee matching available
- Paid vacation and other excellent benefits
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Analysis: 5 years (Required)
- SEC Reporting: 3 years (Required)
- Financial Reporting: 5 years (Required)
- Cost Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Finance: 8 years (Required)
- Accounting: 8 years (Required)
- Manufacturing Environment: 3 years (Required)
- Annual Budgets: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.