Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund
Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund’s client is recruiting for a Distributor Controller for both the Houston, TX and Gulf Breeze, FL locations. Under the direction of the Corporate Controller, Alliance Laundry Systems LLC, this position ensures the accounting and reporting of CLEC Distribution LLC complies with Company policies as well as US GAAP and local requirements. As the primary accounting and finance resource this position plays a key role in providing support to the distribution team and to the achievement of the Company’s distribution growth strategy. This position also ensures that a robust internal control environment in line with the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley approach. Additionally, this position is responsible for accounting system implementations/enhancements, development of department efficiencies and special projects related to distribution entities as directed by the Corporate Controller.
- Coordinates month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closings of CLEC Distribution LLC and timely submission of financial information to Alliance Laundry Systems LLC for consolidated reporting.
- Coordinates monthly forecasting and annual budgeting processes of CLEC Distribution LLC and submits information for consolidated reporting.
- Manages accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory and fixed assets and oversees payroll and sales tax compliance.
- Manages cash forecasting and interacts with Distributor Finance Director regarding cash needs.
- Supports the Distributor Finance Director in financial policy development and implementation, coordination of technical accounting issues, and interaction with internal and external auditors.
- Researches and provides suggestions related to evolving GAAP concerning distributor entities.
- Reviews and approves CLEC Distribution LLC monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and provides information to Distributor Finance Director for quarterly reviews of key accounts of CLEC Distribution LLC for compliance with the Company’s accounting policies (e.g. adequacy of reserves for returns, inventories, bad debts, accruals and other key accounts) to management.
- Ensures business and financial policies and controls governing operations are fully compliant with corporate policies and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Assists, if needed, with preparation of distributor-related data needed for bank-required annual report and interim reporting requirements.
- Involved with special financial projects.
- Performs and/or assists the Managing Director and/or the Distributor Finance Director on special projects.
- At least 3 years of progressive financial experience with proven abilities to manage change in general accounting, budgeting, financial analysis and employee administration.
- Experience preferred in inventory management, A/R and/or A/P management, payroll preparation, budget/forecast preparation, fixed assets and basic general accounting expertise.
- Familiarity with US GAAP reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Excel skills and ability to analyze and manage data.
- Results-driven problem solver and decision maker.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to facilitate the implementation of process improvements within the financial and accounting function.
- Highly customer-focused.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Saltmarsh, Cleaveland & Gund is one of the oldest and largest Florida-based accounting firms in the State. Truly unique for its strength through multiple generations, it is a firm focused on helping its clients, and achieving success by contributing to the success of others.
- Contact Name: Shannon Lands, HR Manager
- Contact Phone: (850) 435-8300
- Contact Email: [email protected]
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.