high pace hotel in Miami is seeking for Manager / Controller for the accounting Department
- Direct preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts; establish of recommend to management major economic objectives and policies for Hotel.
- Support General Manager and hotel financial goals by direct preparation of monthly and annual reports, summarize and forecast hotel’s revenues, expenses and earning based on past, present and expected operations.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and all applicable laws.
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with hotel’s vendors.
- Ensure the collection and payment of applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
- Advise management of desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Arrange for audits of hotel’s accounts.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Follow all Hotel SOPs
- Adhere to Hotel Standards of Communication
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program
- Prepares month-end financial statements through journal entries and merging reports in a computer. Distributes profit and loss statements to the appropriate personnel and answer questions pertaining to the P&L as requested.
- Prepares budgets, cash flows, financial stability of the property both currently and for the future.
- Ensures that all of the duties and responsibilities, according to the standards and position descriptions of the accounting department, are fulfilled by the accounting staff.
- Assists other departments to make sure they are following the guidelines established by internal auditing and internal policies by visually observing work and work products daily.
- Implement procedures that will help lessen the liabilities of the property
- Assist with updates, entry and taking of physical inventories as directed by the month-end closing schedule. Maintain control log of all inventories.
- Maintain room market segment statistics report on a daily basis
- Maintain vendor insurance program and issue updated reports on a periodic basis.
- Assist with the daily review of audit as directed by the Assistant Controller to ensure timely and accurate reporting, filing and documentation.
- Audits bills for accuracy through verifying extensions and prices visually and/or by use of a calculator; attaches bills to purchase orders and receiving documents; ensures proper backup is attached
- Ensures correct “charging amount” by coding invoices; Reconciles all statements, requests missing invoices and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Keys invoice data into computer software to process expenses correctly and to prepare invoices for payment.
- Processes checks for typing on a typewriter or by use of computer to pay vendors and associates.
- Prepares all invoices and accruals by completing accounts payable journal entries form to ensure that month end expenses are accurately reflected in the P&L statement for the property.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Report to work on time
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings and memorandums
- Be available to help all departments in emergency situations
- Perform other assignments as directed by management
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the associate handbook.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the associate acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
- Desire to participate as a part of a team.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Must be able write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups to manager, clients, customers and ownership.
- Must be able to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Microsoft Excel, and other applicable computer systems. Budgetary analysis capabilities required. 10-key by touch
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, NLRA
Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in Accounting or related area preferred. Minimum of four to six years’ related experience, including at least four years of supervisory experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 6 years (Preferred)
- english and spanish (Preferred)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.