American Jewish University
A seasoned manager is needed to supervise and mentor the Finance and Accounting staff, produce accurate and timely internal financial statements, and perform ad hoc analyses to be used in making operational business decisions. This position will manage all accounting operations and provide tactical expertise and leadership to the department as well as implement strategic University-wide changes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Provide staff support for Audit, Finance, and Investment Committees
- Monitor and report daily on the University’s cash position.
- Monitor and report on all investment activities
- Monitor and verify accuracy of reports provided by outsourced services working for the University in different capacities.
- Partner with CFO to maximize investment returns under the guidance of the Board and Investment Committee Lead and manage all aspect related to the annual audit and tax reporting.
- Manage day to day operations of the finance department. Supervise all accounts payable and accounts receivables operations
- Manage the monthly close process
- Ensure staff compliance with 5-day close cycle; develop solutions as needed to support schedule
- Ensure variance reports are sent to department heads no later than noon on the 4th business day of the month and ensure the Finance Committee package is ready by the 10th of the month.
- Create monthly asset allocation report
- Approve journal entries and bank reconciliations and work with the staff to ensure that all monthly activity is recorded and reconciled (where needed) monthly
- Reconcile all investment statements with the Endowment and other restricted funds.
- Manage and monitor the University’s compliance with all internal control policies and procedures. Develop and propose to executive management policies that will promote compliance and efficiency
- Review contributed revenue and ensure data is entered in G/L consistent with internal practices. Develop and maintain and effective and collaborative working relationship with all University’s departments
- Review balance sheet accounts at least quarterly
- Revamp processes and procedures
- Work with the CFO to develop and implement new policies and procedures
- Simplify the flow of information between the different University’s departments and Accounting, bridging the gap between several disparate systems
- Shore up Accounting tools used to record pledges, release of restrictions, and manage all aspects related to contributed revenue
- Provide ad hoc analytical support for CFO
- Manage ad hoc reporting for Census returns, quarterly sales tax filings, government grants, and others
- Provide annual statements for donor-directed Endowment
- Project manage audit deliverables and provide day-to-day support for auditors
- Project manage tax preparation work with tax advisors
- Provide staff support to the CFO at Finance Committee, Investment Committee, or Board meetings
- CPA or equivalent is a must
- Ten years minimum of relevant experience
- Experience analyzing financial data, preparing financial reports, and generating financial projections
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills, including supervisory experience and employee development
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office systems to generate analysis of financial and operational information
- Ability to focus on and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines; nimble and responsive
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and execution skills
- Team player, able to operate effectively with minimal supervision
- Track record of taking on a variety of administrative and management responsibilities including staff development
- Experience in retooling departments and acting as a change agent
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.