Cookies, a globally recognized cannabis brand, is looking for a Controller. Cookies offers trendsetting cannabis products that start with our indoor and outdoor farms and end up on your favorite dispensary’s retail shelves.
Our ideal Controller is a highly motivated and self-driven individual. The Controller is responsible for the company’s full charge accounting processes, consolidated intercompany financial statements, project accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, and various special analyses.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in financial management and will be an integral part of maintaining positive relationships with banks and financial institutions. The Controller will work closely with financial institutions as the bank compliance officer to ensure the company follows all banking guidelines. The Controller will also work closely with executive management to ensure appropriate financial systems have been put in place and are constantly followed.
- Timely month-end close including P&L, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows with comparisons to plan.
- Develop and review balance sheet schedules.
- Updates to company financial model for monthly actuals and reforecasting
- Interpretation and analysis of financial statements and presentation to management
- Management of annual budget process; continual improvement of reporting structure to allow for agile monthly reporting and reforecasting
- Development of, and accountability for, financial controls, including daily cash management, AP, payroll, capex, and procedures
- Management of workflows and technology integrations across all departments to optimally control cash, credit cards, travel and other discretionary expenditures
- Preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly KPIs
- Design of new metrics and preparation of reports to efficiently manage cash flow and ensure budget goals are exceeded
- Ensure all bank accounts are in compliance with cannabis banking requirement
- Application of GAAP
- Handle receipt, banking and protection of company funds, securities and financial products
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital
- Anticipate borrowing needs and available funds for investment
- Develop an annual budget for the company and create long-term projections based on departmental needs and upcoming capital projects
- Maintain an efficient system of policies that adequately control treasury activities
- Advise management of loans, liquidity and investments
- Monitor third party activities handling outsourced treasury function
- Maintain banking relationships
- Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning
Education, Qualifications, and Certifications
- Degree in accounting; CPA and/or MBA preferred;
- At least 5 years’ progressive experience, especially with a fast growing, venture-backed startup.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks; experience with another accounting packages a plus.
- Master-level Excel skills and experience in all MS Office programs.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an organized and timely fashion with proven track record of delivering on projects and process improvements
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Desire to build and manage a growing team
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
Cookies is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We are looking for team members who are flexible, reliable and know how to get stuff done. We are a fun, driven, entrepreneurial group focused on culture, community and quality.
We are an equal opportunity employer on the lookout for top-notch talent who truly wants to help us change the world.
This is a full-time position. We strongly prefer candidates in the San Francisco area as we will soon have offices in San Francisco.
Come join our team!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 /year
- progressive: 5 years (Preferred)
- CPA and/or MBA (Preferred)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.