Kelley Kronenberg is a national full service law firm comprised of 9 offices with more than 100 lawyers. For more than 35 years, we have built our reputation through hard work, passion and a focus on client service. Our clients span a variety of industries and their needs encompass a wide range of legal services. We represent clients across more than 25 practice areas, taking pride in our policies and practices of exceptional personal service, prompt reporting and commitment to fully understanding and satisfying our client’s needs. At Kelley Kronenberg, we do not try to be all things to all people. Although we provide a full spectrum of civil defense and litigation services, we believe our focus on relationships and customer service is what sets us apart from other law firms.
Kelley Kronenberg’s Fort Lauderdale office is looking for a Controller with experience from a professional services firm. Must be able to handle full cycle financial reporting and accounting operations. This individual will be responsible for the day to day accounting operations of the firm and department. Accountability and oversight in the areas of financial accounting, reporting, internal control functions, and financial policies and procedures are the primary areas of responsibility. The Controller must have experience in managing a team. The Controller is a key management person that stands-in for the CAO as needed.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of all financial reporting for the firm (external and internal)
- Manage and be responsible for the day to day accounting operations, particularly accounts payable, treasury, trust accounting, general ledger, financial analyst, etc.
- Manage cash flow projections and work capital requirements
- Support all business heads and employees of the firm in aspects of their financial transactions, reporting or other requirements as needed
- Oversee routine and ad hoc managerial reporting for business units, client profitability and attorney profitability.
- Leader quarterly and year end reporting required by external parties (lenders, CPA, tax, etc.)
- Implement and maintain financial controls and guidelines which optimize cost effectiveness and profitability.
- Co-leader in firm ERP selection and implementation with CAO and department leadership
- To manage a staff of people to execute all the tasks above with accuracy and efficiency
- Provide accurate financial information to the Firm’s shareholders and management on a timely basis.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of fiscal and business policies, controls and procedures.
- Create and implement training and individual developments plans for all members of their team as needed
- Back-up and stand-in for Chief Accounting Officer as needed
- Collaborate with other department or area leaders to improve processes, resolve operational issues and improve firm efficiency.
- Develop training as needed and perform employee performance reviews.
- Degree in Accounting, CPA license highly preferred
- Supervisory experience of manager level staff – minimum of five years
- Previous law firm or professional services firm reporting management experience
- Microsoft Office (Microsoft, Excel, etc.)
- Rainmaker knowledge is a plus
- ATO knowledge is a plus
- ERP Financial Systems
- ERP implementation and project management experience
- Financial policy writing experience
- Resourceful and hands on leadership/management skills
- Team manager experience
- Excellent personnel management skills and strong leadership skills
- Flexible schedule to meet demands of reporting and supervision
- Detailed, accurate and hands on leader
- Resourceful problem solver
- Collaborative team player and self-motivated
- Must work well under pressure
- Flexibility (overtime and varying hours based on business demands)
All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Kelley Kronenberg is currently not accepting resumes or referrals from search firms for this position.
Kelley Kronenberg is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.