NWP has been engaged in the gasoline retail and C-store businesses since 1991. At present, the Company operates multiple gasoline/C-store locations in Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and the Oklahoma market. Several of the company locations are co-branded with Quick Serve Restaurants.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 7+ years of progressively responsible experience for a company or division of a corporation with annual revenues of at least $100MM.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Restaurant or retail industry experience highly preferred.
The controller position at Northwest Petroleum (NWP) is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of all entities feeding into NWP, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
We are always looking for motivated individuals who share our passion. We offer competitive salary packages, flexible schedules as well as other benefits to employees.
NWP offers the following benefits to eligible employees and family members:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical Insurance to include prescription coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan – Provides a $1 for $1 match on your first 3% of compensation, 100% Vesting
- Vacation and Personal Days
- Wellness programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- restaurant or retail industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Controller: 5 years (Required)
- A valid CPA, CMA or other related accounting designation (Required)
- Do you have experience with Sage 100 or Mas 90?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.